Screen On-Time

18th May 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Union City, CA
Thanks Meter: 11

48 posts
More
Hey everyone,

I just came to the M8 from the Nexus 4 and it's been great. I've gone through the whole rooting procedure but haven't flashed any custom ROM on it yet. I tried to look for this information around the forums but I couldn't find anything about it. Is there a way to get Screen-On time measurements in the stock ROM? Or is it a feature on a custom ROM? Thanks everyone!
19th May 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,026

6,843 posts
There are various apps that can provide this.

Screen on time is something that has been removed from Sense for some time now (since maybe Sense 4+); and I believe Android in general (so I assume GPE ROMs won't have it, either). Although more "modded" or feature packed custom ROMs may have it (CM, etc.). I'm mostly a Sense user, so I can't say for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 56

421 posts
I have Better Battery Stats which works without root I am fairly certain. The apk is floating around xda but I went ahead and paid for this version on the play store to help support the developer, as it is an app well made and one I use every day to check my screen on time to gauge battery performance

Sent from my HTC One_M8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheEmpyre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 47

365 posts
I had wonky times with BBS (however unrooted, so that might have caused it?), but found GSam battery monitor to be pretty good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to twiggums For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 67

473 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1umsyb3ar

Hey everyone,

I just came to the M8 from the Nexus 4 and it's been great. I've gone through the whole rooting procedure but haven't flashed any custom ROM on it yet. I tried to look for this information around the forums but I couldn't find anything about it. Is there a way to get Screen-On time measurements in the stock ROM? Or is it a feature on a custom ROM? Thanks everyone!

I prefer gsam better battery can be confusing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400540026285.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	2752947  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bsmith0731 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Union City, CA
Thanks Meter: 11

48 posts
More
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely give these a try and see how they work out for me. Sense has been such a nice ROM for me performance wise and looks wise that I didn't want to go to a aosp based ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread