Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 38,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any I9100 ROM on I777 or S959G phones

Tip us?

cidlover
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Any I9100 ROM on I777 or S959G phones

I wanted know if I can install any i9100 ROM on an I777 or S959G as long as I flash the ROM, the Gapps, my modem and a kernel made for my phone.

Example:
Mokee 4.4.2
4.4.2 Gapps
S959G Modem( mine is the Straight Talk SGH-S959G)
And RendenBroken's Kit Kat Kernel

Now I'm sorry if this is a dumb question to ask but I installed Biftor's Cooked 4.1.2 ROM on my S959G with Jeboo's kernel and the same modem.

I was thinking the I777, S959G and the I9100 are not too different but only on hardware keys on the front of the phones and in kernel.

Sent out from my RR Kit Kat Phone

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII Straight Talk (SGH-S959G)
Rom: Resurrection Remix v5.1.5 Android Version: v4.4.2 Kit Kat
Recovery: TWRP Version: 2.6.3.0
Extras: BEATS Audio, NFC Enabled, Sony Braiva Engine v3

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Verzion (SCH-I800) (Bricked it by flashing a JB ROM)
Rom: BRICKED! Android Version: BRICKED!
Recovery: LOST!

micallan_17
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Check this one out, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738410
The Following User Says Thank You to micallan_17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cidlover
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by micallan_17 View Post
i know about this rom, but i want to know if its possible to install MoKee on my S959G using RB's Kit Kat Kernel and Mr.cook's S959G modem on my SGH-S959G

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Verzion (SCH-I800) (Bricked it by flashing a JB ROM)

micallan_17
Old
Thanks Meter 46
you can follow this guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1941751, this is what I used to port the I9100 CM 11 roms to our I777
The Following User Says Thank You to micallan_17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

razen_kain
Old
Thanks Meter 2113
I'm pretty sure you can as long as the ROMs updater script does not have an assert check. If it does you have to use notepad++ to delete it or you'll get status 7 error.

It's not going to hurt a thing to try. In fact you can flash an i9100 ROM and kernel and it will boot up but your microphones and keys won't work right. Makes it kinda useless to use as a phone.

Just make a nandroid backup and if all else fails, restore. Remember to stick with kitkat ROMs with renderbroken's kernel. It won't boot anything else
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cidlover
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain View Post
I'm pretty sure you can as long as the ROMs updater script does not have an assert check. If it does you have to use notepad++ to delete it or you'll get status 7 error.

It's not going to hurt a thing to try. In fact you can flash an i9100 ROM and kernel and it will boot up but your microphones and keys won't work right. Makes it kinda useless to use as a phone.

Just make a nandroid backup and if all else fails, restore. Remember to stick with kitkat ROMs with renderbroken's kernel. It won't boot anything else
Oddly, I do that to test new ROMs out like the AICP ROM or CM 11 Semi ROM

But I thought about porting the MoKee ROM for our phones if I get the permission to do so. :thumbup:

Sent out from my RR Kit Kat Phone

The Following User Says Thank You to cidlover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]