Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 53,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] worth upgrading to 14.3.A.0.681 ?

Tip us?

infra4800
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] worth upgrading to 14.3.A.0.681 ?

i switched from galaxy to xperia range, so I am new to this area, I noticed few threads people asking to downgrade, so that's why I have following question:

i have currently installed 14.2.A.1.136 stock version ... and getting a notification of OTA update to 14.3.A.0.681?

any issues on 681 like getting hot, unstable etc?
Sony Xperia Z1

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
The update do not respond the same for everybody. Maybe you will like it like don't. If you will update just wipe everything to make a clean installation, then if you are unhappy or you face some problems then you can revert to 4.3. There is no perfect firmware nowhere.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

kentexcitebot
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by infra4800 View Post
i switched from galaxy to xperia range, so I am new to this area, I noticed few threads people asking to downgrade, so that's why I have following question:

i have currently installed 14.2.A.1.136 stock version ... and getting a notification of OTA update to 14.3.A.0.681?

any issues on 681 like getting hot, unstable etc?
It's strange you're not getting the OTA update to .757...

The best way is to see for yourself, try it out and if you don't like it, use Flashtool (or PC Companion?) to downgrade.

I personally like .681 because of Kitkat There was a few issues on my device (Xperia Z1), such as unable to change the lockscreen wallpaper, but that was fixed by fresh-installing the firmware, not upgrading. As for performance, that's device specific. On my Z1 it runs pretty good except for random lag on the home screen, but I corrected this by using a different Home launcher. My phone did get a tad bit hotter with my .681, but hardly noticeable.

.681 is pretty stable IMO, I recommend trying it. But again, it's solely based on opinions.

infra4800
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
thanks guys, I do not see much that I am missing by not going to 4.4 kitkat.

phone works fine now.

I was hoping to see replies saying that something that I am missing by not upgrading ... something significant...

only sometimes when I press camera button to start camera from locked sleep phone, it doesn't work... i have to use power button once to make the camera button work.
Sony Xperia Z1