FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Can't load custom Recovery

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jakobeisawesome, Junior Member on 15th May 2014, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th May 2014, 12:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
I don't think ftm mode can be entered into with cwm present. I tried just now, with twrp, and could not enter into ftm.

Have you looked into using flashtools to flash stock image files? I don't know the ins and outs of that specific to this device, just an idea.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by abumy; 18th May 2014 at 12:29 AM.

17th May 2014, 06:31 PM |#12  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 413

More
The only way to install a custom recovery on the e980 is by installing FreeGee, our boot loader is locked and the only way to bypass that is by installing FreeGee after you are rooted. You need to return back to stock using LG flashtools and start over again, once you are done with the restore, then you root and finally FreeGee, and you should be able to flash anything you like.

Hope it helps.

Erik
20th May 2014, 05:59 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricco333

The only way to install a custom recovery on the e980 is by installing FreeGee, our boot loader is locked and the only way to bypass that is by installing FreeGee after you are rooted. You need to return back to stock using LG flashtools and start over again, once you are done with the restore, then you root and finally FreeGee, and you should be able to flash anything you like.

Hope it helps.

Erik

It worked after I did exactly this! I have a question, what does everyone normally set their core limits with the trickster mod? I read someone on the forum sets theirs on 810MHz min and 1350MHz max. I feel right now as though my idle battery is good but my active usage could be better. I'm on the beanstalk rom if it helps
Last edited by jakobeisawesome; 20th May 2014 at 06:04 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread