Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Can't load custom Recovery

OP jakobeisawesome

17th May 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 50

311 posts
I don't think ftm mode can be entered into with cwm present. I tried just now, with twrp, and could not enter into ftm.

Have you looked into using flashtools to flash stock image files? I don't know the ins and outs of that specific to this device, just an idea.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by abumy; 18th May 2014 at 12:29 AM.
17th May 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #12  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 297

668 posts
More
The only way to install a custom recovery on the e980 is by installing FreeGee, our boot loader is locked and the only way to bypass that is by installing FreeGee after you are rooted. You need to return back to stock using LG flashtools and start over again, once you are done with the restore, then you root and finally FreeGee, and you should be able to flash anything you like.

Hope it helps.

Erik
20th May 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricco333

The only way to install a custom recovery on the e980 is by installing FreeGee, our boot loader is locked and the only way to bypass that is by installing FreeGee after you are rooted. You need to return back to stock using LG flashtools and start over again, once you are done with the restore, then you root and finally FreeGee, and you should be able to flash anything you like.

Hope it helps.

Erik

It worked after I did exactly this! I have a question, what does everyone normally set their core limits with the trickster mod? I read someone on the forum sets theirs on 810MHz min and 1350MHz max. I feel right now as though my idle battery is good but my active usage could be better. I'm on the beanstalk rom if it helps
Last edited by jakobeisawesome; 20th May 2014 at 06:04 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread