Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 49,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't load custom Recovery

Tip us?

abumy
Old
(Last edited by abumy; 18th May 2014 at 12:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 46
I don't think ftm mode can be entered into with cwm present. I tried just now, with twrp, and could not enter into ftm.

Have you looked into using flashtools to flash stock image files? I don't know the ins and outs of that specific to this device, just an idea.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ricco333
Old
Thanks Meter 285
The only way to install a custom recovery on the e980 is by installing FreeGee, our boot loader is locked and the only way to bypass that is by installing FreeGee after you are rooted. You need to return back to stock using LG flashtools and start over again, once you are done with the restore, then you root and finally FreeGee, and you should be able to flash anything you like.

Hope it helps.

Erik
At&t LG Optimus G Pro, Commotio 4.4.2 thanks to DHO @team Vanir
Nexus 10 32gb, running ThunderKat 4.4.2 thanks to @craigacgomez.

jakobeisawesome
Old
(Last edited by jakobeisawesome; 20th May 2014 at 06:04 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricco333 View Post
The only way to install a custom recovery on the e980 is by installing FreeGee, our boot loader is locked and the only way to bypass that is by installing FreeGee after you are rooted. You need to return back to stock using LG flashtools and start over again, once you are done with the restore, then you root and finally FreeGee, and you should be able to flash anything you like.

Hope it helps.

Erik
It worked after I did exactly this! I have a question, what does everyone normally set their core limits with the trickster mod? I read someone on the forum sets theirs on 810MHz min and 1350MHz max. I feel right now as though my idle battery is good but my active usage could be better. I'm on the beanstalk rom if it helps