Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problems wifi file transfer from PC to note 3

OP consultjai

11th May 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
tried wifi file transfer and airdroid to transfer files from PC to my note 3. could see the folders and files from my note 3 on PC but when copying files fro pc to note 3 aborts. what could be the problem (any firewall changes on pc or note 3?). no issues with note 2 and the same pc. is that because of kitkat update?
11th May 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consultjai

tried wifi file transfer and airdroid to transfer files from PC to my note 3. could see the folders and files from my note 3 on PC but when copying files fro pc to note 3 aborts. what could be the problem (any firewall changes on pc or note 3?). no issues with note 2 and the same pc. is that because of kitkat update?

Its possible if you don't have a folder from that app on your external sd card and are using stock... KK doesn't allow any app to write to the external card unless it has it's own folder. It's a "security feature" Google put in....
Only thing it does is make using the external sd card harder and drive people to use cloud storage which is what Google wants....
11th May 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
making sense!! thanks ultramag69
19th May 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Its possible if you don't have a folder from that app on your external sd card and are using stock... KK doesn't allow any app to write to the external card unless it has it's own folder. It's a "security feature" Google put in....
Only thing it does is make using the external sd card harder and drive people to use cloud storage which is what Google wants....

One other thing it does is stop people updating their firmware! - stay on 4.3 DO NOT upgrade if you want to continue having full access to your sd Card.
19th May 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneyabz

One other thing it does is stop people updating their firmware! - stay on 4.3 DO NOT upgrade if you want to continue having full access to your sd Card.

At some point you will be forced to use their software, whether its a security update pushed to 4.3 or until you get a new phone... Sooner or later you will be assimilated....
20th May 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

120 posts
Not necessarily. Should that happen I'll root and"fix" what Google broke!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread