Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems wifi file transfer from PC to note 3

Tip us?

consultjai
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problems wifi file transfer from PC to note 3

tried wifi file transfer and airdroid to transfer files from PC to my note 3. could see the folders and files from my note 3 on PC but when copying files fro pc to note 3 aborts. what could be the problem (any firewall changes on pc or note 3?). no issues with note 2 and the same pc. is that because of kitkat update?

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by consultjai View Post
tried wifi file transfer and airdroid to transfer files from PC to my note 3. could see the folders and files from my note 3 on PC but when copying files fro pc to note 3 aborts. what could be the problem (any firewall changes on pc or note 3?). no issues with note 2 and the same pc. is that because of kitkat update?
Its possible if you don't have a folder from that app on your external sd card and are using stock... KK doesn't allow any app to write to the external card unless it has it's own folder. It's a "security feature" Google put in....
Only thing it does is make using the external sd card harder and drive people to use cloud storage which is what Google wants....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

consultjai
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
making sense!! thanks ultramag69

Barneyabz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Its possible if you don't have a folder from that app on your external sd card and are using stock... KK doesn't allow any app to write to the external card unless it has it's own folder. It's a "security feature" Google put in....
Only thing it does is make using the external sd card harder and drive people to use cloud storage which is what Google wants....
One other thing it does is stop people updating their firmware! - stay on 4.3 DO NOT upgrade if you want to continue having full access to your sd Card.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Unbranded and staying on Android 4.3 due to SD card limitations in Android 4.4

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneyabz View Post
One other thing it does is stop people updating their firmware! - stay on 4.3 DO NOT upgrade if you want to continue having full access to your sd Card.
At some point you will be forced to use their software, whether its a security update pushed to 4.3 or until you get a new phone... Sooner or later you will be assimilated....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

Barneyabz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Not necessarily. Should that happen I'll root and"fix" what Google broke!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Unbranded and staying on Android 4.3 due to SD card limitations in Android 4.4