Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing stock recovery to Homecare TN7

Tip us?

Freeje
Old
(Last edited by Freeje; 16th May 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
In reply to Tha T., I had no problems following the instructions of lees08 but I used the files for the EVGA 4.3 ROM since access to the SD card is important to me.
Note 2 N7102 - Shamsung U POS! Get rid of Knox!
Homecare Tegra Note 7

jardam.cz
Old
(Last edited by jardam.cz; 16th May 2014 at 04:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Is it already brick???

Hello.

So now it looks like I am completely f****d.

CWM recovery was working, 4.3 was flashed but it always froze after a few minutes.

So I downloaded the deodex 4.3 from RootJunky and flashed it via CWM.

Now the tablet is in boot loop and I can't access recovery.

The only think I managed to do is to push VOLUME+ and VOLUME- and POWER and get into APX mode.

What can I do now? Any help?

Thanks.
Jaro

PS: If I push only VOLUME+ and POWER, it doesn't start recovery. This combination seems to never work with my table.

OrangeCalculator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardam.cz View Post
Hello.

So now it looks like I am completely f****d.

CWM recovery was working, 4.3 was flashed but it always froze after a few minutes.

So I downloaded the deodex 4.3 from RootJunky and flashed it via CWM.

Now the tablet is in boot loop and I can't access recovery.

The only think I managed to do is to push VOLUME+ and VOLUME- and POWER and get into APX mode.

What can I do now? Any help?

Thanks.
Jaro

PS: If I push only VOLUME+ and POWER, it doesn't start recovery. This combination seems to never work with my table.
Okay, I contacted the author and this is what I got.

First of all - what happens, when you use volume up+power on the switched off tablet? It shouldn't be recovery, it should be bootloader - the list of options and recovery is the "recovery kernel" option. Recovery won't boot if the tablet is in the bootloop, thus you should hold power until the black screen and then use the above combination.
Second - he suggests to install ADB driver and check ADB devices. It is better to be the number of yours there. Also, were the USB debug on when you flashed th tablet? And, once again, can you give us the precise list of what you did flashing tablet? It can greatly help in finding a mistake!

jardam.cz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Brick ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCalculator View Post
Okay, I contacted the author and this is what I got.

First of all - what happens, when you use volume up+power on the switched off tablet? It shouldn't be recovery, it should be bootloader - the list of options and recovery is the "recovery kernel" option. Recovery won't boot if the tablet is in the bootloop, thus you should hold power until the black screen and then use the above combination.
Second - he suggests to install ADB driver and check ADB devices. It is better to be the number of yours there. Also, were the USB debug on when you flashed th tablet? And, once again, can you give us the precise list of what you did flashing tablet? It can greatly help in finding a mistake!
Thanks for your effort, but my Homecare behaves from the beginning a little bit different (don't ask me why) and that's why those suggestions are not working:

First of all, the damn think can't be switched of. If I hold the power for a few seconds (approx. two boot cycles) the screen turns black. BUT as soon as I release the power button, the boot-loop starts again. No way to turn it off.

As I mentioned the button combination VOLUME+ and POWER never worked with this piece. The screen only remained black, but no options (Kernel Recovery and blablabla). I saw someone else mentioned this in a forum post as well.

My ADB and Fastboot was running OK, I unlocked the bootloader, no issues.

I could enter bootloader OR recovery using adb's reboot command. As I mentioned, the bootloader was just black screen with no options.

Second. I started the script. In that time ADB driver was OK, bootloader has been already unlocked, and of course USB debugging was ON. I was going through the script. The recovery was flashed, then it rebooted into recovery and asked me to install ZIP from sdcard. But there was no ZIP file anywhere. The upload must have failed.

What ever ... I finished "somehow" the flashing process using the script. Everything was OK. CWM running (I made a back up BTW), OS booting. I installed the 4.3 version from the script. Everything looked good, unless I found out that the tablet freezes after a few moments. Sometimes almost immediately, sometimes after a few minutes.

Well then I didn't the final wrong step. I downloaded the deodex 4.3 ROM from RootJunky and flashed it via CWM.

Since then the tablet is in boot-loop.

OrangeCalculator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks for your effort, but my Homecare behaves from the beginning a little bit different (don't ask me why) and that's why those suggestions are not working:

First of all, the damn think can't be switched of. If I hold the power for a few seconds (approx. two boot cycles) the screen turns black. BUT as soon as I release the power button, the boot-loop starts again. No way to turn it off.

As I mentioned the button combination VOLUME+ and POWER never worked with this piece. The screen only remained black, but no options (Kernel Recovery and blablabla). I saw someone else mentioned this in a forum post as well.

My ADB and Fastboot was running OK, I unlocked the bootloader, no issues.

I could enter bootloader OR recovery using adb's reboot command. As I mentioned, the bootloader was just black screen with no options.

Second. I started the script. In that time ADB driver was OK, bootloader has been already unlocked, and of course USB debugging was ON. I was going through the script. The recovery was flashed, then it rebooted into recovery and asked me to install ZIP from sdcard. But there was no ZIP file anywhere. The upload must have failed.

What ever ... I finished "somehow" the flashing process using the script. Everything was OK. CWM running (I made a back up BTW), OS booting. I installed the 4.3 version from the script. Everything looked good, unless I found out that the tablet freezes after a few moments. Sometimes almost immediately, sometimes after a few minutes.

Well then I didn't the final wrong step. I downloaded the deodex 4.3 ROM from RootJunky and flashed it via CWM.

Since then the tablet is in boot-loop.
I sent it, so now we shall wait a bit. Also, I've seen the topic about tegras freezing after a few seconds, and people there may have worked out the solution. In the meantime, check if your device is still seen by adb, this is really impotant!

jardam.cz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I sent it, so now we shall wait a bit. Also, I've seen the topic about tegras freezing after a few seconds, and people there may have worked out the solution. In the meantime, check if your device is still seen by adb, this is really impotant!

Hello.

Thanks for you great support!!!

Well I am not able to get the ADB connection. The device is either in bootloop or in APX mode, nothing else.

There still might be a working recovery, however I can't access. I tried the button combination hundred times, but no success. Either APX or bootloop. And by holding the power for a long time, it doesn't switch the device off. Just "waits" until the button is released and then starts booting immediately.

I'll check other posts.
Jaro

jardam.cz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Finally a working solution

OK, so finally dear user hacktrix2006 pointed me to a simple reflash solution.

My preconditions:
Chinese Homecare Fly One, Android 4.2.2
Bootloader can't be accessed by button combination AND if accessed via ADB, it was only a black screen

Target:
Get rid of the Chinese version of OS

How did I mess it up:
I went through all the posts, installed ADB and Fastboot driver, unlocked bootloader, tried this and that, finally reflashed a ROM found on RootJunky's web and off I went into a loop boot. ADB of course not working and also not possible to access recovery. Only available mode was APX mode.

How did I fix it:
To be honest, for the first time in "my Android life" I was thinking about sending the devices to a workshop ignominiously admitting, that I flamingoed it up. (It is the same as cock up, just much much bigger.) And then somebody advised me of a post made by hacktrix2006 which redirected me to ADVENT Vega Webpage. Downloaded the image (the ZIP also contains the APX driver) and the instructions, did what they say and in a few minutes the tablet was alive again!!!

OTA working, no trouble found until now.

So? Forget about all those CMD, ADB, bootloader, flashing recovery, this and that. If you just want to get rid of a Chinese version of OS and have the Google supported, or if you just bricked your Tegra Note 7, just do this! (unless you give a **** about the boot logo, which will now be ADVENT VEGA instead of Homecare )

OrangeCalculator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
OK, so finally dear user hacktrix2006 pointed me to a simple reflash solution.

My preconditions:
Chinese Homecare Fly One, Android 4.2.2
Bootloader can't be accessed by button combination AND if accessed via ADB, it was only a black screen

Target:
Get rid of the Chinese version of OS

How did I mess it up:
I went through all the posts, installed ADB and Fastboot driver, unlocked bootloader, tried this and that, finally reflashed a ROM found on RootJunky's web and off I went into a loop boot. ADB of course not working and also not possible to access recovery. Only available mode was APX mode.

How did I fix it:
To be honest, for the first time in "my Android life" I was thinking about sending the devices to a workshop ignominiously admitting, that I flamingoed it up. (It is the same as cock up, just much much bigger.) And then somebody advised me of a post made by hacktrix2006 which redirected me to ADVENT Vega Webpage. Downloaded the image (the ZIP also contains the APX driver) and the instructions, did what they say and in a few minutes the tablet was alive again!!!

OTA working, no trouble found until now.

So? Forget about all those CMD, ADB, bootloader, flashing recovery, this and that. If you just want to get rid of a Chinese version of OS and have the Google supported, or if you just bricked your Tegra Note 7, just do this! (unless you give a **** about the boot logo, which will now be ADVENT VEGA instead of Homecare )
Great, I am really happy for you now This thing made my tablet work better too - not yet useable, but already booting up to language selection.

jardam.cz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Tablet OK so far

Quote:
Great, I am really happy for you now This thing made my tablet work better too - not yet useable, but already booting up to language selection.
I can confirm that my Homecare Fly One is doing well after two days of usage. I don't see any problems with Wifi, battery, GPS, OTA or anything else. I updated to the last status (4.4.2 with some patches, everything over OTA).