Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] F2FS Roms

Tip us?

zeek459
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] F2FS Roms

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there any ROMs out there for the FLO that currently support f2fs. I know the ElementalX kernel already has support for it, and CWM also has support for it. Thanks in advance!

y2whisper
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek459 View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there any ROMs out there for the FLO that currently support f2fs. I know the ElementalX kernel already has support for it, and CWM also has support for it. Thanks in advance!
I don't think you need rom support, just kernel support.
Google Nexus 5 by LG 32GB
Slimkat 6.6
Faux Kernel

Google Nexus 7 by Asus 32GB
Stock L Preview - Rooted
Stock Kernel

lawman21c
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried to format the /data with f2fs, and then flashed the elementalx kernel. But the machine only asked me to type the password to decrypt the storage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lotherius
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 590

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman21c View Post
I tried to format the /data with f2fs, and then flashed the elementalx kernel. But the machine only asked me to type the password to decrypt the storage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If the kernel doesn't modify the ramdisk image also (some don't) then you might have to flash a kernel with the modded ramdisk first.

Haven't ever done the f2fs mod on my 2013 N7, since I don't see a need to go through the extra steps every time I update as the 2013 N7 is already fast.

My 2012 N7 though, I keep on F2FS forever since it makes a big difference on that tablet. Even though I use Faux123 that supports F2FS, I have to flash Legolas first as it gives the modded ramdisk necessary, then flash Faux123 over it.

Someone more familiar with F2FS on the N7 2013 might should respond.

QuizUp

Device Details:

PHONE: Nexus 5 - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 1: 2013 Nexus 7 LTE - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 2: 2012 Nexus 7 - Stock / Xposed / F2FS
PREVIOUS PHONES: Nexus 4 / LG G2X / Vibrant 3G / MyTouch 3G / LG Xenon / HTC G1 / HTC Touch Vogue / Sanyo KATANA / Motorola V220 / Nokia 5160 / Tin Can
PREVIOUS TABLET: HP TouchPad CM10.x
COMPUTER: Self-Built - Core i5 4670, 8GB DDR3, 240gb M500 SSD, OMFG Terabytes (7 TB last count), stuffed in a 2008 Dell XPS 730 case with a 27" AOC Monitor.
Google Plus