Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem switching ROM

Tip us?

chobungus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Problem switching ROM

I've got viper one rom and I'm trying to install android revolution hd. I checked the md5 and installed it with TWRP, but when the phone boots and the setup begins the first thing that appears is viper tweaks (from the viper one rom) requesting root access. Once the setup is finished a message appears saying "blinkfeed has stopped working" and then I can do absolutely nothing except power off the phone.

Shouldn't viper be removed when I wipe in TWRP?
Anyone have any idea wtf is going on?

jova33
Old
Thanks Meter 139
I went from nV RLS 1.1 to RLS 2, clean flash in TWRP. When it booted my same setup was on the screen with everything force closing. I went back into TWRP attempted again, and it was still messed up. Tried to restore a backup, it failed, then TWRP started crashing. I could only get into fastboot.

Anyways, you can read my post in this section. I had to go back to stock, then restore a nandroid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jova33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chobungus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
I went from nV RLS 1.1 to RLS 2, clean flash in TWRP. When it booted my same setup was on the screen with everything force closing. I went back into TWRP attempted again, and it was still messed up. Tried to restore a backup, it failed, then TWRP started crashing. I could only get into fastboot.

Anyways, you can read my post in this section. I had to go back to stock, then restore a nandroid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Were you able to successfully install RLS 2? If so how?

jova33
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobungus View Post
Were you able to successfully install RLS 2? If so how?
I haven't yet. I want to know what went wrong the first time before I attempt it again.

Sent from your mom's smartphone
The Following User Says Thank You to jova33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chobungus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
I haven't yet. I want to know what went wrong the first time before I attempt it again.

Sent from your mom's smartphone
I actually just downloaded and installed nV RLS 2 with no problems at all.. My problem may related to the Android Revolution HD rom itself.. I'll have try to figure it out another time.

Thanks for your help!

chobungus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
For anyone who's interested I was able to successfully install ARHD to my phone after doing some research. Rather than just doing the standard wipe in TWRP (it wipes delvik, cache, and data) I had to selected "advanced wipe" and wipe system in addition to delvik, cache, and data. I believe this had to do with the htc build version on the phone being outdated but I'm not 100% sure.

xRogerxC
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobungus View Post
For anyone who's interested I was able to successfully install ARHD to my phone after doing some research. Rather than just doing the standard wipe in TWRP (it wipes delvik, cache, and data) I had to selected "advanced wipe" and wipe system in addition to delvik, cache, and data. I believe this had to do with the htc build version on the phone being outdated but I'm not 100% sure.
+1. I always use advanced wipe in TWRP, and wipe as you indicated. I'm thinking everyone posting here should also indicate which version of TWRP you are using, as that may be an issue as well.
Please hit the thanks button if I've helped you out!
Motorola Moto G (XT1031), Stock ROM, rooted, bootloader unlocked, Xposed w/GravityBox
U.S. Navy Combat Vet 1984-2002
Storm Chaser/NWS Springfield MO SKYWARN Spotter
Ham Radio Callsign KC0UHS
CompTia A+, Network+, Security+ Certified Tech.
Microsoft Certified MCSA/MCSE
The Following User Says Thank You to xRogerxC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chobungus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRogerxC View Post
+1. I always use advanced wipe in TWRP, and wipe as you indicated. I'm thinking everyone posting here should also indicate which version of TWRP you are using, as that may be an issue as well.
Yes that's a good idea! I've just added TWRP version (2702) to my signature
HTC One M8 (VZW) S-Off
Current ROM: Paranoid
TWRP v2.7.0.2