Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.2][m8] PAC-man 4.4.Beta-1.0 [AOSP]

Tip us?

Samurai7314
Old
Thanks Meter 249
No worries.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mcwups1
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Copy that about fixing.

I don't think GPS works at all. Tried some other apps and GPS tools, and got nothing.

Switched to sense ROM to get lock, then restored this backup, and still a no go.

slimbrady
Old
(Last edited by slimbrady; 14th May 2014 at 08:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Yeah, the GPS is a bit wonky. I was able to get it to tell me where I was with Google Maps by clicking the little circular icon in the lower right corner of Google Maps and it could then show me the route step-by-step to get to my destination but each time I had to refocus on the Google Maps application i received a message that "Turn by turn navigation is not supported on devices with no GPS hardware." Or something very close to that message.....flashed over to CM 11 for the m8 and google maps works just fine. I see you've already said you're working on it so good luck, not trying to pester, just trying to help with some additional user experience. I like this ROM a lot so I hope you get it working soon! =)

P.S. Where did you see they were unified? I'm curious if they are going to unify all these M8 carrier variants like they did with the moto_msm8960 unified build?

Would be great if so, the international M8 device thread is overflowing with custom ROMs.....we have 2. lol. =)
Current Device: Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon edition(Black with Champagne) *S-OFF* (Victim of Sunshine)
Backups: Sprint HTC One M7(m7wls) *S - OFF*(Rumrunner), Sprint HTC EVO 4G - *S-OFF* (Facepalm)
Bricked Paperweights: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE *RIP QWERTY KEYBOARD, I MISS YOU*
Prior Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4,Google Nexus

baillou2
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Does anyone know how easy or difficult it would be to get the double-tap wake feature? For a phone like this it's rather necessary. The damn button is just too high.

Incidentally I was able to easily use some apps and/or shortcuts to enable a double tap feature to close the screen. But I can't find any apps that would allow for waking the phone.

Other than that little thing I'm really liking this ROM. I used it with my SGS3 and I don't plan on leaving it. Pacman Rocks!

joshuaw84
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Just wanted to see where this stands guys, used to do some testing with Jamie on jewel. Is the cm theme chooser being used?

Sent from my Sprint M8 Running the latest Viper

kris54241
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hopefully we can get this working!!

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app