Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] GT-N7000 bricked by using bluetooth earphone ???

OP jabadale

18th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi there,

Used my old samsung bluetooth earphone for one call today and after the call the phone froze ? With a restart it boots to the first screen and the bluetooth symbol comes on in the top right corner where the 3G symbol should be. It then hangs and after about a minute goes into a loop showing the samsung name glowing, glowing,...I have to remove the battery to shut it down. I did a back up in recovery, (it won't back up to the external sd card for some reason...) but it reproduces the same scenario - the bluetooth symbol followed by the ever glowing shut down....the 3G never get's there and I can't see the phone on my PC either so I can't save my data. Effectively, I have data and recordings I need to recover. Any ideas how I may save my phone and data ? And what the hell happened ? I have never had bluetooth issues before ! The phone had just updated some apps including google voice whose download hung and I eventually force topped it. But that wouldn't kill my phone, would it ??!! Weird...:c rying:

Oops ! Forgot to specify : Rom = Ultimate N7000 XXLT4 JellyBean 4.1.2 v6 with Philz safe kernel and CWM 6.0.3.1 based touch recovery (still working )
Last edited by jabadale; 18th May 2014 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Details of Rom & Kernel
20th May 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jakarta City
Thanks Meter: 583

901 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabadale

Hi there,

Used my old samsung bluetooth earphone for one call today and after the call the phone froze ? With a restart it boots to the first screen and the bluetooth symbol comes on in the top right corner where the 3G symbol should be. It then hangs and after about a minute goes into a loop showing the samsung name glowing, glowing,...I have to remove the battery to shut it down. I did a back up in recovery, (it won't back up to the external sd card for some reason...) but it reproduces the same scenario - the bluetooth symbol followed by the ever glowing shut down....the 3G never get's there and I can't see the phone on my PC either so I can't save my data. Effectively, I have data and recordings I need to recover. Any ideas how I may save my phone and data ? And what the hell happened ? I have never had bluetooth issues before ! The phone had just updated some apps including google voice whose download hung and I eventually force topped it. But that wouldn't kill my phone, would it ??!! Weird...:c rying:

Oops ! Forgot to specify : Rom = Ultimate N7000 XXLT4 JellyBean 4.1.2 v6 with Philz safe kernel and CWM 6.0.3.1 based touch recovery (still working )

The failed update might have something to do with it ( I think), anyway, to save your data and setting, reboot to recovery, go to mount&storage, format SYSTEM, CACHE, PRELOAD, and wipe dalvik Cache. After that reflash your ROM, reboot and try.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread