No registration required

[Q] I9300 fresh install freezing

OP Bukinnear

19th May 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey guys,

Title pretty much says it, I have an S3 I9300 that is occasionally freezing for about 10~ minutes at a time. I looked at a few threads that mentioned that it might be bad memory blocks, but I don't think that's it since this only started happening since I flashed Omnirom (omni-4.4.2-20140518-i9300-NIGHTLY), I was previously using CM 10.2 and had no (freezing related) trouble with that. I can't reproduce the problem in any specific way, it seems to be random, usually after you try to make an action of some sort.

Is this a known issue? Would re-flashing it be likely to help? It's unlikely to be an app interfering, as this was happening before I even in stalled GApps
20th May 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
More
I was using the same omnirom in my S3 i didnt have any issues.. Before you flashed omni did you wipe data and cache?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to AMLB For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLB

I was using the same omnirom in my S3 i didnt have any issues.. Before you flashed omni did you wipe data and cache?

Yup, formatted everything. It's really weird. I thought it went away after I installed super SU and updated the play services, but it's still there.
20th May 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
More
Maybe reflashing it would fix it.. What was the recovery you were using?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

If reflashing doesnt work, turn off your S3 and remove your battery for about a minute. I know it's a ridiculous solution but i have seen similar problems in other forums and that worked for them. Tell me if it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to AMLB For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLB

Maybe reflashing it would fix it.. What was the recovery you were using?

I'm currently using CMW. I know that it's not 100% supported, so that might be the issue, but I am using the most current version of it and I know others have had success. I'm wondering if I don't have a dodgy mother board because I'm also currently facing a problem whereby sometimes when someone calls me, neither of us can hear anything and that was happening before I flashed the new rom as well (that was actually the reason that I flashed omnirom in the first place).

What I'm thinking is maybe I swap over to CM 11 and see what that does for me. What I'm seeing of omni so far, I like, but it doesn't have enough features for my tastes yet. I'll probably come back in the future either when it's matured a bit or when CM does sopmething silly with their commercialization
20th May 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Cm11 doesnt have that much features though. Omnirom has some features that cm11 doesnt have. But if you like a little bit of more stability with simple features, then cm11 is a way to go

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to addiepats For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread