Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disconnected because service is unavailable

Tip us?

marcosballesterosr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Disconnected because service is unavailable

Hoping someone can provide some direction. First and foremost I am not a HTC savvy so although there are a few threads here about the same issue none of them relate to me as I have not rooted the phone nor flashed to custom ROMs or anything to that nature. I am simple user of the phone... Now.. to the topic.. so I bought this phone for my brother in law last year as a birthday present, and at the time I had a working phone so I didnt put my mind too much to it.. but I did liked the phone very much. Two months ago, I decided to purchase one of these, so I bougtht an HTC ONE X Phone S720e Android 32GB 8MP 3G WiFi GPS Bluetooth Unlocked White. I don´t recall what versión of Android it carried at the time but looking at the specs it should had come with Android 4.0.3. After loading it up, transfering my files on to it and loading some basic apps, whatsapp, email, Skype... it off coursed asked for a software update two times which I went ahead and did. The last one it installed added Android 4.2.2 and HTC Sense 5. It was working fine, layout changed considerably... now after doing another of the updates to applications and software, specifically the transfer files update it suddenly quit recognizing data services completely. I though it might be something with the micro sim, so I tried testing a couple of others, it didnt make a difference so I decided to back up my contacts and information I had on the phone and did a Factory reset. It wipped it clean but issue remains the sames, it is unable to even recognize the sim card is missing and when I go into settings I see the message Disconnected because service is unavailable.

Reading online, saw a few folks stating that this situation was related to software updates.. so I was wondering if I could get some help on how to get this fixed. Not sure what to do, downgrade to 4.0.3 or how could I get it resolved so appreciate some direction here.

n1kos
Old
Thanks Meter 43
If you go to settings - about - phone identity, does it still shows the imei ? Seen many people here having their imei gone from their phone and becomes an iPod since we can't write it back. Tho you are on stock, so better send it for repair.

Sent from my HTC One X
HTC ONE X - S-OFF - SUPERCID <3

Nexus 7 2012 Android 4.3

marcosballesterosr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kos View Post
If you go to settings - about - phone identity, does it still shows the imei ? Seen many people here having their imei gone from their phone and becomes an iPod since we can't write it back. Tho you are on stock, so better send it for repair.

Sent from my HTC One X

It shows up as unknown actually... is this a software related issue then? Im concerned about the other phone going through the same situation... should no updates be installed to it then? That makes it fairly useless and might prefer to send it back and try to get a refund instead.

poussymonster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same problem for me, still wait for fix

marcosballesterosr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by poussymonster View Post
same problem for me, still wait for fix
Can someone tell where is the IMEI physically located on the phone?

poussymonster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosballesterosr View Post
Can someone tell where is the IMEI physically located on the phone?
see in the list of micro sim card