TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] Disconnected because service is unavailable

OP marcosballesterosr

3rd May 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hoping someone can provide some direction. First and foremost I am not a HTC savvy so although there are a few threads here about the same issue none of them relate to me as I have not rooted the phone nor flashed to custom ROMs or anything to that nature. I am simple user of the phone... Now.. to the topic.. so I bought this phone for my brother in law last year as a birthday present, and at the time I had a working phone so I didnt put my mind too much to it.. but I did liked the phone very much. Two months ago, I decided to purchase one of these, so I bougtht an HTC ONE X Phone S720e Android 32GB 8MP 3G WiFi GPS Bluetooth Unlocked White. I don´t recall what versión of Android it carried at the time but looking at the specs it should had come with Android 4.0.3. After loading it up, transfering my files on to it and loading some basic apps, whatsapp, email, Skype... it off coursed asked for a software update two times which I went ahead and did. The last one it installed added Android 4.2.2 and HTC Sense 5. It was working fine, layout changed considerably... now after doing another of the updates to applications and software, specifically the transfer files update it suddenly quit recognizing data services completely. I though it might be something with the micro sim, so I tried testing a couple of others, it didnt make a difference so I decided to back up my contacts and information I had on the phone and did a Factory reset. It wipped it clean but issue remains the sames, it is unable to even recognize the sim card is missing and when I go into settings I see the message Disconnected because service is unavailable.

Reading online, saw a few folks stating that this situation was related to software updates.. so I was wondering if I could get some help on how to get this fixed. Not sure what to do, downgrade to 4.0.3 or how could I get it resolved so appreciate some direction here.
4th May 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 46

129 posts
More
If you go to settings - about - phone identity, does it still shows the imei ? Seen many people here having their imei gone from their phone and becomes an iPod since we can't write it back. Tho you are on stock, so better send it for repair.

Sent from my HTC One X
4th May 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kos

If you go to settings - about - phone identity, does it still shows the imei ? Seen many people here having their imei gone from their phone and becomes an iPod since we can't write it back. Tho you are on stock, so better send it for repair.

Sent from my HTC One X

It shows up as unknown actually... is this a software related issue then? Im concerned about the other phone going through the same situation... should no updates be installed to it then? That makes it fairly useless and might prefer to send it back and try to get a refund instead.
5th May 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #4  

5 posts
same problem for me, still wait for fix
14th May 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poussymonster

same problem for me, still wait for fix

Can someone tell where is the IMEI physically located on the phone?
20th May 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #6  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosballesterosr

Can someone tell where is the IMEI physically located on the phone?

see in the list of micro sim card
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread