Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Did i root alright?

Tip us?
 
CallOfHonor100
Old
#1  
CallOfHonor100's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 182
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Did i root alright?

Hi! Its been a while!
So i unrooted my phone a while ago but then i was bored so i decided to root it again!
I re-installed all the drivers, uninstall htc sync, and decided to root it via revolutionary method!
I entered the beta key and it finally said SUCCESS! It asked me to flash recovery and i types Y (yes) but it said failed to flash!
But then i noticed in the bootloader screen that nothing was changed. It didnt say REVOLUTIONARY in pink like it used to say before! There was S-OFF written but no revolutionary!
I decided to try to root it again! The same thing happened! It said SUCCESS but no REVOLUTIONARY written on top of the bootloader screen!

Then i decided to flash the recovery manually. I tried the fastboot method but when i entered the command it said:
READING
WRITING failed (remote: not allowed)
what is this? does this mean im not rooted.
But then i successfully flashed recovery via PC49IMG method and flashed a ROM without any problems!
I just want to ask is it okay if REVOLUTIONARY is not written on top of the bootloader screen?

Thnx in advance! =)
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#2  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 690
Posts: 2,527
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfHonor100 View Post
Hi! Its been a while!
So i unrooted my phone a while ago but then i was bored so i decided to root it again!
I re-installed all the drivers, uninstall htc sync, and decided to root it via revolutionary method!
I entered the beta key and it finally said SUCCESS! It asked me to flash recovery and i types Y (yes) but it said failed to flash!
But then i noticed in the bootloader screen that nothing was changed. It didnt say REVOLUTIONARY in pink like it used to say before! There was S-OFF written but no revolutionary!
I decided to try to root it again! The same thing happened! It said SUCCESS but no REVOLUTIONARY written on top of the bootloader screen!

Then i decided to flash the recovery manually. I tried the fastboot method but when i entered the command it said:
READING
WRITING failed (remote: not allowed)
what is this? does this mean im not rooted.
But then i successfully flashed recovery via PC49IMG method and flashed a ROM without any problems!
I just want to ask is it okay if REVOLUTIONARY is not written on top of the bootloader screen?

Thnx in advance! =)
Its very strange to see. What is your hboot version at the moment? As long as you don't upgrade or downgrade your hboot s-off should stick, but you won't have access to the fastboot commands without the hacked hboot
Interesting case

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
 
CallOfHonor100
Old
#3  
CallOfHonor100's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 182
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
Its very strange to see. What is your hboot version at the moment? As long as you don't upgrade or downgrade your hboot s-off should stick, but you won't have access to the fastboot commands without the hacked hboot
Interesting case

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
This is what is written on a bootloader screen:

BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT - 1.01.0001
RADIO - 3.35.20.10

What do you think?
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#4  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 690
Posts: 2,527
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfHonor100 View Post
This is what is written on a bootloader screen:

BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT - 1.01.0001
RADIO - 3.35.20.10

What do you think?
All should be well pal, just ask long as you don't upgrade your bootloader you should be fine. You wont have access to fastboot commands though, but its not an issue

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
 
CallOfHonor100
Old
#5  
CallOfHonor100's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 182
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
All should be well pal, just ask long as you don't upgrade your bootloader you should be fine. You wont have access to fastboot commands though, but its not an issue

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
No....all is not well sadly! I've tested this 'unrevolutionized' rooted phone with 3 ROMs and noticed that the apps keeps on force closing on its own! Also, the battery life turns SOOOO CRAPPY that my phone turns into plug-and-play! =(
And once I unroot my phone, it works COMPLETELY fine!
So probably there is something im doing wrong! Any ideas?
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#6  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 690
Posts: 2,527
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfHonor100 View Post
No....all is not well sadly! I've tested this 'unrevolutionized' rooted phone with 3 ROMs and noticed that the apps keeps on force closing on its own! Also, the battery life turns SOOOO CRAPPY that my phone turns into plug-and-play! =(
And once I unroot my phone, it works COMPLETELY fine!
So probably there is something im doing wrong! Any ideas?
Hmmm. It could be how the revolutionary exploit is done, I'm not sure what process they use and it could leave the stock hboot damaged I suppose. Not sure if I'm honest pal. Good to hear that a return to stock has has helped though!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more

Always Enter the Correct Password with HideNoPasswords

If you’ve ever entered apassword on your mobile device, you’ve surely … more

Revert to Stock Recovery Effortless with Simple Recovery Switcher

Android updates released as OTA packages are very easy to apply,but they … more