Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon Prepaid Moto G Rooted

Tip us?

ne_stew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdude View Post
Mine's the same version.
Going down the Pageplus road, but first another question. Is there another MVNO you might recommend other than Pageplus that's prepaid and on the Verizon net?

The reason is, I got pushback from Pageplus when I mentioned the G. Claim their dealers can't handle it. In addition they claim Verizon is blocking the G because it is a prepaid device.

In short it must be a 3g or backwards compatible to 3g device, nonprepaid and a Verizon contract phone.

I've found 3 PP dealers in the area, might see how far I get with the G or other best option they have. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking another MVNO...

lightningdude
Old
(Last edited by lightningdude; 20th May 2014 at 12:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne_stew View Post
Going down the Pageplus road, but first another question. Is there another MVNO you might recommend other than Pageplus that's prepaid and on the Verizon net?

The reason is, I got pushback from Pageplus when I mentioned the G. Claim their dealers can't handle it. In addition they claim Verizon is blocking the G because it is a prepaid device.

In short it must be a 3g or backwards compatible to 3g device, nonprepaid and a Verizon contract phone.

I've found 3 PP dealers in the area, might see how far I get with the G or other best option they have. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking another MVNO...
I use Page Plus, so I don't know any other MVNOs. They are correct about the Moto G, Verizon blocks their Moto G for at least 6 months. If you flash a Boost G, their imeis aren't registered on Verizon, so they come up fine. Dealers won't know this, but you can set yourself up on the Page Plus website. Kitty Wireless, a Page Plus dealer, offers free ESN checks to make sure you can use a phone with them. Kitty is all online, though.

Edit: I should specify, my wife has the Boost G on PP, I set it up. Bought a Verizon G before I knew about the locked bootloader and Boost flashing. When the Verizon G can be used on PP, we'll be trading phones.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to lightningdude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]