Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HELP]Stock Settings apk Not Installing

OP prandroid05

20th May 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.
20th May 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #2  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,577
 
14,963 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.

You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.
20th May 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.

Ok. So I move it to system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot?
20th May 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #4  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,577
 
14,963 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Ok. So I move it to system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot?

Yes
20th May 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.
20th May 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #6  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,577
 
14,963 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.

Pull it from a stock ROM zip
20th May 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Yes

Ok. Thanks
Bu this app which I have isn't the Grand's. It has many other options and keeps force closing. Please can you give me the stock secsettings of the grand duos? I'm on stock 4.2.2 Touchwiz.
20th May 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Pull it from a stock ROM zip

Pls can you do it and upload. My internet is not fast enough to download a stock rom.
20th May 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #9  
jackeagle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 1,899
 
992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Smile Secsetting.apk file
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Pls can you do it and upload. My internet is not fast enough to download a stock rom.

Go here for secsettings.apk https://mega.co.nz/#!sBFAQDpB!vdBxIN...ygImxUAt1n50jU
20th May 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #10  
Preshak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
The apk that i have send you was taken from my grand duos running 4.2.2
Firmware -------ubmj4

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes