Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP]Stock Settings apk Not Installing

Tip us?
 
prandroid05
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Unhappy [HELP]Stock Settings apk Not Installing

Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.
 
zelendel
Old
#2  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10936
Posts: 14,321
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watching from the Shadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05 View Post
Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.
You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.





If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly


 
prandroid05
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.
Ok. So I move it to system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot?
 
zelendel
Old
#4  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10936
Posts: 14,321
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watching from the Shadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05 View Post
Ok. So I move it to system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot?
Yes





If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly


 
prandroid05
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.
 
zelendel
Old
#6  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10936
Posts: 14,321
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watching from the Shadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05 View Post
And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.
Pull it from a stock ROM zip





If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly


 
prandroid05
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
Yes
Ok. Thanks
Bu this app which I have isn't the Grand's. It has many other options and keeps force closing. Please can you give me the stock secsettings of the grand duos? I'm on stock 4.2.2 Touchwiz.
 
prandroid05
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
Pull it from a stock ROM zip
Pls can you do it and upload. My internet is not fast enough to download a stock rom.
 
jackeagle
Old
#9  
jackeagle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 882
Posts: 666
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: XDA
Smile Secsetting.apk file

Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05 View Post
Pls can you do it and upload. My internet is not fast enough to download a stock rom.
Go here for secsettings.apk https://mega.co.nz/#!sBFAQDpB!vdBxIN...ygImxUAt1n50jU
MY WORKS
 
Rom's

AICP [I9082]
Liquidsmooth [I9082]
Nameless [i9082]
Spirit Rom [I9300] , [N7000]


Guides

Complete Android Rom Development
Bootanimation

 
Preshak
Old
#10  
Preshak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 116
Join Date: Dec 2012
The apk that i have send you was taken from my grand duos running 4.2.2
Firmware -------ubmj4

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 Lands on European HTC One M7

The secound release of the Android L Developer Previewmay be the new hotness for … more

Take a Perfectly Stable Shot with Open Camera

The camera app on our Android smartphones and tablets isn’t something we focus on all … more

Motorola Droid X Receives Almost Fully Functional KitKat Port

While we are all wondering when Google will decide to officially release … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Kids Mode for Your Phone – XDA Developer TV

The greatest thing about technology is its ability to teach and promote … more