April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more

Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – the annual … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[HELP]Stock Settings apk Not Installing

20th May 2014, 08:13 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.
20th May 2014, 08:14 AM |#2  
zelendel's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 13,572
 
16,307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.

You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.
20th May 2014, 08:18 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.

Ok. So I move it to system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot?
20th May 2014, 08:21 AM |#4  
zelendel's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 13,572
 
16,307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Ok. So I move it to system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot?

Yes
20th May 2014, 08:23 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.
20th May 2014, 08:31 AM |#6  
zelendel's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 13,572
 
16,307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.

Pull it from a stock ROM zip
20th May 2014, 08:35 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Yes

Ok. Thanks
Bu this app which I have isn't the Grand's. It has many other options and keeps force closing. Please can you give me the stock secsettings of the grand duos? I'm on stock 4.2.2 Touchwiz.
20th May 2014, 08:45 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Pull it from a stock ROM zip

Pls can you do it and upload. My internet is not fast enough to download a stock rom.
20th May 2014, 10:24 AM |#9  
jackeagle's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,951
 
1,320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Smile Secsetting.apk file
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Pls can you do it and upload. My internet is not fast enough to download a stock rom.

Go here for secsettings.apk https://mega.co.nz/#!sBFAQDpB!vdBxIN...ygImxUAt1n50jU
20th May 2014, 10:27 AM |#10  
Preshak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
The apk that i have send you was taken from my grand duos running 4.2.2
Firmware -------ubmj4

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes