Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more
Post Reply

[HELP]Stock Settings apk Not Installing

OP prandroid05

20th May 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.
20th May 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #2  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,245
 
14,667 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Hello all. I recently used the modded settings apk made by Balliboxer for our Grand Duos. Later, when I tried to replace it with a stock settings.apk, the settings app dissapeared from my phone and even when I click the settings icon in the notification bar it doesn't open.
Now, I used root explorer and moved to system/app and found SecSettings.apk there. But when I changed permissions to rw-r--r-- and clicked install after mounting R/W, it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Pls help.

You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.
20th May 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

You don't install system apps. You move to system, change permissions and reboot.

Ok. So I move it to system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot?
20th May 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #4  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,245
 
14,667 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Ok. So I move it to system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot?

Yes
20th May 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.
20th May 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #6  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,245
 
14,667 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

And can someone please give me the stock settings apk. The one I have got isn't the one which came with grand.

Pull it from a stock ROM zip
20th May 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Yes

Ok. Thanks
Bu this app which I have isn't the Grand's. It has many other options and keeps force closing. Please can you give me the stock secsettings of the grand duos? I'm on stock 4.2.2 Touchwiz.
20th May 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Pull it from a stock ROM zip

Pls can you do it and upload. My internet is not fast enough to download a stock rom.
20th May 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #9  
jackeagle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 1,427
 
860 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Smile Secsetting.apk file
Quote:
Originally Posted by prandroid05

Pls can you do it and upload. My internet is not fast enough to download a stock rom.

Go here for secsettings.apk https://mega.co.nz/#!sBFAQDpB!vdBxIN...ygImxUAt1n50jU
20th May 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #10  
Preshak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
The apk that i have send you was taken from my grand duos running 4.2.2
Firmware -------ubmj4

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes