Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Couple questions about power button and build quality.

OP eallan

19th May 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93

1,324 posts
I picked up my Z2 on Saturday, love some stuff about the phone a ton, just have a couple of nitpicks.

There's some "gap" issues in that it's not uniform all the way around, it seems to be purely cosmetic and doesn't affect the waterproof aspect of the phone.
  • The power button is shockingly small, and it feels pretty awful to press, there is no feedback at all. It's a spongy, mushy, mess.
  • The volume rocker is incredibly loose, I can deal.
  • Mine didn't come with the neat noise cancelling headphones
19th May 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 63

210 posts
The power button is very firm but I have found after some use the feedback improves a lot. It is still less than z1 though

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corallus

The power button is very firm but I have found after some use the feedback improves a lot. It is still less than z1 though

Good to know feedback may improve. I never used the z1 myself. Is it essentially the same button?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th May 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 63

210 posts
No, same design but z1 was more of a pronounced button with easier feedback, however it did feel loose and Could be rattled. The z2 is more firm and to press it, you have to want to. Like I said, it feels better after some use and now I'd say overall is better than z1.

20th May 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Port louis
Thanks Meter: 50

143 posts
More
Cloud Search About the batch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eallan

I picked up my Z2 on Saturday, love some stuff about the phone a ton, just have a couple of nitpicks.

There's some "gap" issues in that it's not uniform all the way around, it seems to be purely cosmetic and doesn't affect the waterproof aspect of the phone.

• The power button is shockingly small, and it feels pretty awful to press, there is no feedback at all. It's a spongy, mushy, mess.
  • The volume rocker is incredibly loose, I can deal.
  • Mine didn't come with the neat noise cancelling headphones

Hi, your device is from which batch ? ( look in the micro sd hole , there a lil black paper and it is written on it , 14w15 or 16 or 17 or 18 )
20th May 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

1,324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaf46

Hi, your device is from which batch ? ( look in the micro sd hole , there a lil black paper and it is written on it , 14w15 or 16 or 17 or 18 )

20th May 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Port louis
Thanks Meter: 50

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eallan

still problem with the 18th batch :/ I think we should really be careful when buying a sony z2 now :/ i guess we should do a list
of the different batch that is available on the market and states its defects/problems, this might help anyone here
i'll quote you in the post for sure

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread