Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone switches from LTE to H+ during a call?

Tip us?

HeartUnderBlade
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] Phone switches from LTE to H+ during a call?

So I got my Z2 and am loving it so far. No problems that really take away the experience of using this amazing phone. However, does anybody else notice that the phone switches from LTE 4G to H+ during a phone call? The switch happens instantaneously and it's hardly noticeable unless you're looking at the screen. Whenever I am on a call, my phone switches to H+ rather than staying on 4G. I only noticed because I tether my laptop and the speed on my laptop suddenly dropped during calls.

romeokk
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Because you cannot normally make a call on any LTE network. LTE is currently for data only. There any only few operators in the world that offer Voice Over LTE (making phone call on LTE network).

HeartUnderBlade
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokk View Post
Because you cannot normally make a call on any LTE network. LTE is currently for data only. There any only few operators in the world that offer Voice Over LTE (making phone call on LTE network).
Ah I see, thanks for clearing it up! I've never noticed this on my LTE-enabled Nexus 4 so I thought this might have been specific to the Xperia Z2 only. Thanks for the clarification