Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone switches from LTE to H+ during a call?

OP HeartUnderBlade

20th May 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

98 posts
So I got my Z2 and am loving it so far. No problems that really take away the experience of using this amazing phone. However, does anybody else notice that the phone switches from LTE 4G to H+ during a phone call? The switch happens instantaneously and it's hardly noticeable unless you're looking at the screen. Whenever I am on a call, my phone switches to H+ rather than staying on 4G. I only noticed because I tether my laptop and the speed on my laptop suddenly dropped during calls.
20th May 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

86 posts
Because you cannot normally make a call on any LTE network. LTE is currently for data only. There any only few operators in the world that offer Voice Over LTE (making phone call on LTE network).
20th May 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokk

Because you cannot normally make a call on any LTE network. LTE is currently for data only. There any only few operators in the world that offer Voice Over LTE (making phone call on LTE network).

Ah I see, thanks for clearing it up! I've never noticed this on my LTE-enabled Nexus 4 so I thought this might have been specific to the Xperia Z2 only. Thanks for the clarification
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread