Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where to go from here

Tip us?

crazifuzzy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Red face Where to go from here

So I'm one of the poor saps that has a locked 9.30.1 phone. I'd like to run KitKat, but need root. I can install SafeStrap find on this, and waste a ton of space to run a second ROM - but it is unclear what roms are available for safestrap installation. I don't need anything fancy, just an AOSP rooted kitkat running from safestrap - if that's even possible/available.

Any pointers?

killrhythm09
Old
Thanks Meter 82
You can only use ROMs that work with the stock kernel that your system ROM is running. KitKat's would be a different version, so that rules it out.

Unfortunately, your options are pretty limited. Try Nexesque if you want something stable with all the bloat removed.
Device: Motorola Droid RAZR HD xt926 | Bootloader Unlocked & Rooted | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 | ROM: Stock 183.46.10.xt926.Verizon.en.US

crazifuzzy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by killrhythm09 View Post
You can only use ROMs that work with the stock kernel that your system ROM is running. KitKat's would be a different version, so that rules it out.

Unfortunately, your options are pretty limited. Try Nexesque if you want something stable with all the bloat removed.
Not really all that critical then. Not a ton of KitKat features I really need, the better memory management would be nice, but not that necessary. I'll be fine hanging out on rooted 9.30.1 for now.