Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] dumb question but...

Tip us?

FragmentedLogik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Prompt [Q] dumb question but...

okay this may be a dumb question but here it goes anyway, since we have the HTC One M8 and all of the Buttons are now on screen how difficult would it be to do a re boundary, change layout and add a convenient Menu key to the Mix?
Current Device
  • HTC One (M8) - M8_WLV ENG S-OFF
  • HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000
  • RADIO 0.89.20.0321
  • Carrier: Cellco Partnership D.B.A Verizon Wireless
  • Rom: Stock-ish

Standby Device
  • Casio G'Zone Commando C811
  • Carrier: AT&T

chobungus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragmentedLogik View Post
okay this may be a dumb question but here it goes anyway, since we have the HTC One M8 and all of the Buttons are now on screen how difficult would it be to do a re boundary, change layout and add a convenient Menu key to the Mix?
Not dumb! To change my soft keys I use Cyanogenmod11 and an app called "SoftKeyz" (costs something like $1.99). CM11 allows you to add or remove the menu, search, etc buttons. The SoftKeyz app allows you to change how they look.

If you aren't interested in either of those I have heard of an app with a free version called "Ultimate Dynamic Navbar" that may allow you to do what you want. I have no experience with that app though, so don't take my word for it.

All of these require root of course!
HTC One M8 (VZW) S-Off
Current ROM: Paranoid
TWRP v2.7.0.2

Abe21599
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragmentedLogik View Post
a lot of roms have this option built in, or just use xposed to get it (gravity box has something on this efffect)