Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unsuccessful reflash of Homecare Fly One Note7

Tip us?

jardam.cz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Unsuccessful reflash of Homecare Fly One Note7

Hello guys.

I would like to ask you for help with my bricked Homecare. I apparently cocked up the flashing process and now I don't know, how to proceed.

What I did:

At first I used the Russian (translated) version of supertool designated for Homecare Note 7. But the process wasn't 100 % successful. The bootloader has been unlocked, CWM recovery has been flashed, ROM 4.3 has been flashed. The tablet was able to boot, but it always froze after a few minutes of operation. Most probably there was a wrong boot flashed. No idea.

So, I checked the forums and RootJnky's videos and decided to use CWM to flash a deodex 4.3 stock ROM.

Flash process was successful, but after restart the tablet remains in boot-loop.

Now, I was NEVER able to enter the Recovery or Bootloader using the button combination. Don't ask me why, but it wasn't possible. I could however access recovery or bootloader using ADB.

Right now the only status except a boot-loop is the APX mode. Is there still a chance how to unbrick the tablet???

Thanks for any advice.

Jaro

e8hffff
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardam.cz View Post
Now, I was NEVER able to enter the Recovery or Bootloader using the button combination. Don't ask me why, but it wasn't possible. I could however access recovery or bootloader using ADB...Jaro
At worse case scenario you need to use APX mode to reflash. You can get the download references for the APX files, particularly the package from Advent UK. The package is setup for Windows but it's easy to use in Linux with their executables.

The APX mode does reflash your tablet in whole, but the end result may not be perfect, but should allow a stepping stone to fastboot mode.

If you can obtain 'fastboot' mode then your can reflash partitions. The 'adb' mode in recovery level or system level will allow for updates with 'sideload' command.

Hope that helps.

hacktrix2006
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by e8hffff View Post
At worse case scenario you need to use APX mode to reflash. You can get the download references for the APX files, particularly the package from Advent UK. The package is setup for Windows but it's easy to use in Linux with their executables.

The APX mode does reflash your tablet in whole, but the end result may not be perfect, but should allow a stepping stone to fastboot mode.

If you can obtain 'fastboot' mode then your can reflash partitions. The 'adb' mode in recovery level or system level will allow for updates with 'sideload' command.

Hope that helps.
@e8hfff I managed to sort him out yesterday using the APX method the use has now got it working, with no issues at all (WiFi works as well).
The only thing different for him is that his Generic bootanimation which Xolo Tegra Note 7's have is now showing advent.

I will send you a PM in a bit out the bootanimation as i have a idea LOL.
Retired Mobile: HTC Wildfire (Buzz) Hboot: 1.02.000 (Superversion)
SecureFlag: On (Was Off'd with XTC Clip)
Rom: None Blanked for Testing Roms!!!!!!!!!
CWM: 5.0.2.8

Boot Manager: Full Version Paid and Worth It!

New Mobile: HTC Desire HD
SecureFlag: Off Via XTC Clip (I love my clip its so nice!)
Rom: Pacman Rom
Recovery: 4EXT

New Device:

Advent Nvidia Note 7 Tegra 4
Rom: 4.4.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.6
Bootloader: Unlocked

jardam.cz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktrix2006 View Post
@e8hfff I managed to sort him out yesterday using the APX method the use has now got it working, with no issues at all (WiFi works as well).
The only thing different for him is that his Generic bootanimation which Xolo Tegra Note 7's have is now showing advent.

I will send you a PM in a bit out the bootanimation as i have a idea LOL.
Hi hacktrix2006.

Thanks for the help again. The tablet is working like dream. All my Chinese colleagues are staring at it. The poor guys know only the products of the fruit company (Apple).

I saw the boot animation is a set of pictures in the flash package from Advent. It is ZIPed.

Is there any way how to make and flash a boot animation without reflashing the whole thing? (I know the answer already, but I don't know how to do it DD)

hacktrix2006
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardam.cz View Post
Hi hacktrix2006.

Thanks for the help again. The tablet is working like dream. All my Chinese colleagues are staring at it. The poor guys know only the products of the fruit company (Apple).

I saw the boot animation is a set of pictures in the flash package from Advent. It is ZIPed.

Is there any way how to make and flash a boot animation without reflashing the whole thing? (I know the answer already, but I don't know how to do it DD)
The bootanimation.zip is in /lbh partition under media. Should be a easy enough to copy and paste in if not then i will have a look for a way of doing it without flashing all of it again.
Retired Mobile: HTC Wildfire (Buzz) Hboot: 1.02.000 (Superversion)
SecureFlag: On (Was Off'd with XTC Clip)
Rom: None Blanked for Testing Roms!!!!!!!!!
CWM: 5.0.2.8

Boot Manager: Full Version Paid and Worth It!

New Mobile: HTC Desire HD
SecureFlag: Off Via XTC Clip (I love my clip its so nice!)
Rom: Pacman Rom
Recovery: 4EXT

New Device:

Advent Nvidia Note 7 Tegra 4
Rom: 4.4.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.6
Bootloader: Unlocked
Tags
fly one, homecare, terga