Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CRC check: Recovery partition corrupted?

Tip us?

blackhawk_LA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Default CRC check: Recovery partition corrupted?

Hi. I'm having a lot of problems with my HTC Desire HD. I get a lot of FC, and the phone stucks at HTC logo 1 of every 2 times I reboot it (literally; it always boot at the 2nd time, I have to pull out the battery)
If I made a factory reset, from settings, from the hboot menu, or from recovery menu, it does nothing; it says operation complete but no data is wiped and the FC and problems still appears. Also, I I manually uninstall an app, I reboot and it's there again.
I made CRC check, but honestly I don't know how to read the info. The only thing is that recovery partition has one letter less than other partitions. Just look at the picture.

Any idea? It seems like data partition is corrupted and "read only" or something...

PD: The phone is completely stock, branded, I can't unlock bootloader as I'd need to use a RUU and it is not possible because the phone can't reboot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0600.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	2749262  

blackhawk_LA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Please...?

fatcarrotcake
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had something like this with my HTC desire and the only way out was to put the PG zip file image in an SD card, depending on how gone your phone is, when you first power on there is a quick sd card check for a named image, I found my ROM and renamed it to what the phone looks for it then loaded and wiped the phone. Google it, there should be tons of info on it. Good Luck.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to fatcarrotcake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackhawk_LA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
What do you mean by "PG zip"? I've tried with a PD98IMG.zip file but the cid didn't match.

But the strangest thing is that I manage to flash an RUU, the process was completed with no error, but finally when I rebooted, nothing had been wiped nor flashed!
So I'm starting to think it is a hardware problem...

fatcarrotcake
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Your ram may have failed, so it's not writing to the phone properly, the last thing I would try is remove battery and cable and hold power down for 3o seconds, I've known this to reset a few phones and laptops, other than that it depends how much time you want to spend on an old phone, all be it a classic!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to fatcarrotcake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]