Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,879 Members 49,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about Cyanogenmod, TWRP, And sending my failed device to manufacturer

Tip us?

Gorgorom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Question about Cyanogenmod, TWRP, And sending my failed device to manufacturer

Hey guys,

This is my first post, but I have lurked here for a long time. I just have a huge problem I am facing now, and need your input.

Last October, I bought a new LG Optimus G E973 at Bell, in replacement of my (dreaded) iPhone in favor of an android device (customization, developing, etc).

I never really had any issues with it till the other day. The battery died in it, and when I went home to charge it...nothing happened. No blinking red light at the top, no LG logo, nothing at all, literally.

Now I went to Bell and my phone is covered under my Manufacturer Warranty. Only one problem...I have a custom rom and recovery on it. Cyanogenmod, and TWRP.

I am debating on whether or not to send it in to them, because I have tried everything to get it to do ANYTHING, but it just wont...switched chargers, tried to connect to pc, mac, etc.

So I am wondering if I cant turn it on, they wont be able to either, and thus just send me a new phone. Or, they will fix it, turn it on and show that it had CGM and a non-stock recovery, and then maybe charge me for the repair? Or should I just go to a tech and pay however much eh wants foor me to fix it...

I really hope I can send it in to them..as I am quite broke right now, and cannot afford to pay a technician to fix it. I knew that installing CGM and a custom Recovery would void my warranty, and I am not saying that I was clueless to thuis. But do you guys think I have a chance in hell to get it replaced?

Any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gor.

pushkardua
Old
Thanks Meter 29
They wont just fix your phone and ask you for money... they will let you know what it's gonna charge you and then do furthur process..
U can very easily claim that u r under warranty and no notification were given to you about the cost...
Anyways... have you tried different battery?
Let me know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please click the "THANKS" buttom if I helped you...If I Helped you ALOT, Please Subscribe to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

This Would Take You Only a Second But CAn Help Me ALOT!

http://www.androidclaus.com/

Gorgorom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua View Post
They wont just fix your phone and ask you for money... they will let you know what it's gonna charge you and then do furthur process..
U can very easily claim that u r under warranty and no notification were given to you about the cost...
Anyways... have you tried different battery?
Let me know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hey, thanks for responding.

Im not quite following you on the whole warranty thing, but I haven no new battery to trry in it. I am under warranty, im just concerned if they will not process it because of the phones software. But is it possible they might just send me a new phone?