Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Question about Cyanogenmod, TWRP, And sending my failed device to manufacturer

OP Gorgorom

19th May 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys,

This is my first post, but I have lurked here for a long time. I just have a huge problem I am facing now, and need your input.

Last October, I bought a new LG Optimus G E973 at Bell, in replacement of my (dreaded) iPhone in favor of an android device (customization, developing, etc).

I never really had any issues with it till the other day. The battery died in it, and when I went home to charge it...nothing happened. No blinking red light at the top, no LG logo, nothing at all, literally.

Now I went to Bell and my phone is covered under my Manufacturer Warranty. Only one problem...I have a custom rom and recovery on it. Cyanogenmod, and TWRP.

I am debating on whether or not to send it in to them, because I have tried everything to get it to do ANYTHING, but it just wont...switched chargers, tried to connect to pc, mac, etc.

So I am wondering if I cant turn it on, they wont be able to either, and thus just send me a new phone. Or, they will fix it, turn it on and show that it had CGM and a non-stock recovery, and then maybe charge me for the repair? Or should I just go to a tech and pay however much eh wants foor me to fix it...

I really hope I can send it in to them..as I am quite broke right now, and cannot afford to pay a technician to fix it. I knew that installing CGM and a custom Recovery would void my warranty, and I am not saying that I was clueless to thuis. But do you guys think I have a chance in hell to get it replaced?

Any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gor.
19th May 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 35

249 posts
More
They wont just fix your phone and ask you for money... they will let you know what it's gonna charge you and then do furthur process..
U can very easily claim that u r under warranty and no notification were given to you about the cost...
Anyways... have you tried different battery?
Let me know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th May 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua

They wont just fix your phone and ask you for money... they will let you know what it's gonna charge you and then do furthur process..
U can very easily claim that u r under warranty and no notification were given to you about the cost...
Anyways... have you tried different battery?
Let me know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey, thanks for responding.

Im not quite following you on the whole warranty thing, but I haven no new battery to trry in it. I am under warranty, im just concerned if they will not process it because of the phones software. But is it possible they might just send me a new phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread