Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Infinite loop, camera bugs, unable to upgrade and many other problems

Tip us?

Fdugn545
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Infinite loop, camera bugs, unable to upgrade and many other problems

First off I'd like to say hello my name is Fred and this is my first thread so please don't hang me if this is a common problem.

Now onto the problems...

A few days back my wife's sph-l710 (stock) was up for an system update. She let it do its thing and update and shortly thereafter it went I to an Infinite loop of rebooting itself. She asked me to fix it. So what I did was try and bypass any issue that was going on my simply wiping everything and rooting the device. All that went successful no more random reboots but in doing so a few more problems came about. I flashed over a stock rooted Rom and lost wifi capabilities. So I decided to flash it over to cyanogen (which I have been running for a long time on my gs3) but the phone would not take the Rom. Kept getting error messages, I tried out both cwm and twrp both of which had the same results. I also tried pretty much every cm version for the phone and only one worked cm10.0. After flashing over cm10 everything worked beautifully except for the camera. I did a small amount of research and found that this (was) a common issue. I've tried flashing the camera fix .zip file I found on the net after wiping the phone again. No results, I tried many other camera apps and still no camera function. Just keeps saying could not connect to camera.
So I got to thinking my phone is on cm11 and has never had such problem so why don't I just upgrade the version of cm. I attempted again to upgrade and the phone will not take any other Rom but cm10.0. I am totally lost at this point, I even tried copying the cm11 zip file from my own gs3 and tried flashing that still no results.

So after all that (sorry for the essay) I'm stuck wondering what I can do to upgrade my wife's phone to cm11 like mine is.

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1316
Hi! Let's take things one step at a time.

First, can you still access the internal "SD" by booting the phone up and plugging it in to your PC?

If so, back up all your wife's files from there that you want, or you can use an Android file manager like X-plore and copy everything from internal to your external SD.

Then find the stock ND8 tar thread in Development and use Odin on your PC to flash the 1.5GB tar that's inside the zip you'll download.

From there she should be set unless you want to go to optional efforts of flashing a custom recovery, rooting, etc.

Hey that far at least, though, first.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.