Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Low Volume Issues

Tip us?

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anselm09 View Post
Yeah I believe I was accidentally using a nightly instead of a snapshot.

However a couple days after I fixed this issue CM updated to a newer snapshot, and the sound is broken again. Do you think I should report this as a bug? Or just wait for the newest update?
If you did a clean install and it's on a snapshot you can report a bug. But if you didn't do a clean install do that first and then if it's still there report the bug.

Please press the thanks button if I have helped you in anyway.

Anselm09
Old
(Last edited by Anselm09; 9th May 2014 at 05:16 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post
If you did a clean install and it's on a snapshot you can report a bug. But if you didn't do a clean install do that first and then if it's still there report the bug.

Please press the thanks button if I have helped you in anyway.
It says all bug reports require a logcat, should I just run some sound apps then include the logcat?

Where's the thanks button?

ComputeRescue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Natural Log Sound Output decay

I recently installed "Dna Official Stock Kitkat - Rooted" for HTC Droid DNA by "santod040"

All sound files... alarms, ringtones, streaming start out fine then drop volume speaker output to near nothing

Quote:
For some reason the max volume for the speakers is now much quieter than it was before.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Me; I know the ROM is not cwm but stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Quote:
Does anybody know how I could force the max volume to be louder out of my speakers?
I flushed and am trying cm-10.2.1-dlx.zip to test speaker output; might give vipor rom a try as well

The handset is S-OFF, ROOTED, & CWM touch 6.0.4.5, with "Dna Official Stock Kitkat - Rooted" 4.4.2; Yes, sound was fine before the OTA notice came through prompting using santod040 packages.

Much Thanks to all lead to the lite..

WestTexasCoder
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default viper4android Disables LPA

The only time I had ever had an issue was flashing a nightly dirty. I managed to recover the audio by installing viper4android.apk. The newer versions of V4A automatically detects if LPA (low powered audio) is enabled. It will give you an option to disable it, just tick that yes please button. Usually LPA only affects things like bluetooth audio so it wouldn't drain the battery as fast, but I know with previous CM versions they had a bluetooth audio issue. Most likely completely unrelated but there might have been a WIP that caused things to be construed. If another rom version works then i'd recommend just installing a stable release.
REMEMBER ~ you are able if you run stable

Anselm09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This actually worked for me!

I downloaded Viper For Android, installed the updated drivers it recommended, then turned on "eXtra-Loud" for the phone speaker.

Audio is now just as loud as before.

Where's the thanks button? So that I can give you thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasCoder View Post
The only time I had ever had an issue was flashing a nightly dirty. I managed to recover the audio by installing viper4android.apk. The newer versions of V4A automatically detects if LPA (low powered audio) is enabled. It will give you an option to disable it, just tick that yes please button. Usually LPA only affects things like bluetooth audio so it wouldn't drain the battery as fast, but I know with previous CM versions they had a bluetooth audio issue. Most likely completely unrelated but there might have been a WIP that caused things to be construed. If another rom version works then i'd recommend just installing a stable release.
REMEMBER ~ you are able if you run stable