Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot fail

Tip us?

Somor
Old
(Last edited by Somor; 13th May 2014 at 08:02 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Boot fail

my galaxy wonder shut down suddenly ,rebooting to the samsung logo screen only ,and it keep rebooting only to this screen.
I can't access cwm recovery.
I'm using One of a kind rom stable v32.
Is this a brick?!
Any help would be appreciated ASAP
btw i discovered that i can't access download mode too ,and connecting the phone to charger or pc brings it to death

Phone: Samsung Galaxy W gt-i8150
Android version: 4.2.2
Rom:OOAK v32 EOL

Somor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somor View Post
my galaxy wonder shut down suddenly ,rebooting to the samsung logo screen only ,and it keep rebooting only to this screen.
I can't access cwm recovery.
I'm using One of a kind rom stable v32.
Is this a brick?!
Any help would be appreciated ASAP
btw i discovered that i can't access download mode too ,and connecting the phone to charger or pc brings it to death
now after searching rhe forums,this is a faulty power button,so I managed to boot it by (errr) abusing it.
now i want to disable the power button ,and find another way to reboot ,any help?

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
now after searching rhe forums,this is a faulty power button,so I managed to boot it by (errr) abusing it.
now i want to disable the power button ,and find another way to reboot ,any help?

If you install any rom Android 4.0+ you can install Xposed Framework + the module Xposed Additions to remap any buttons you like
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Somor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
If you install any rom Android 4.0+ you can install Xposed Framework + the module Xposed Additions to remap any buttons you like
Thumbs up ,dude
I'm using one of a kind v32 ,but when i try to install xposed ,i get segmentation fault!
so i suppose it won't work on cm9,I wanna try another version but don't know what is suitable..
can you advise me?
I'm so grateful to your solution.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thumbs up ,dude
I'm using one of a kind v32 ,but when i try to install xposed ,i get segmentation fault!
so i suppose it won't work on cm9,I wanna try another version but don't know what is suitable..
can you advise me?
I'm so grateful to your solution.

Mokee should work stable. Its basd on CM11. --> LINK
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1180
Mate......get the button fixed.....there WILL come a time when you need it.....like if you have to use recovery.....remapping buttons and software modifications WILL NOT be of ANY use then.......

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right

Somor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
Mate......get the button fixed.....there WILL come a time when you need it.....like if you have to use recovery.....remapping buttons and software modifications WILL NOT be of ANY use then.......

what if I told you that everything especially electronics is ridiculously priced here in egypt ,and knowing from similar posts that they will change the mainboard ,they're gonna charge hell of a price that I'd probably buy a new phone!

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1180
Then I would say 'I feel your pain' lol.......
Things here in the UK ain't exactly cheap either.......
But I've done some research.....the home button assembly is separate to the motherboard and can be purchased separately. The only downside is that you have to completely disassemble the phone in order to replace it......
Here's a YouTube guide that might help.......
http://youtu.be/ZjcucJDzfmk

Tags
boot fail, brick