Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] status bar clock + clock widget freeze

Tip us?

d4foasta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] status bar clock + clock widget freeze

Hi,

i got a strange problem with my S4 mini (I9195) with CM11 (20140505; snapshot M6).

On my device the clock in the status bar and the widget one stops working every now and then. This doesn't apply to the lockscreen-clock. If i rotate the screen, the clocks get updated and show the correct time - the clock keeps frozen though (it doesn't work further until the next screen-rotation).

I've got the date+clock set automatically via network. If i set it manually, the status bar clock gets updated, but not the widget (just unticking "auto set clock" is not enough, i have to "set clock".). Still, the clock won't keep working, it will just stay frozen till the next rotation.

I found already a few descriptions of this phenomenon on the internet, but nothing here on xda and no solution either.
Please, if anybody knows a solution, it would be most welcome.

regards,
d4foasta

d4foasta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
if my problem isn't that difficult to solve or if i made some error i don't know it. Do i have to post logs? I came here because i have a problem with my s4 mini and i can't post in the developer-thread.

Aronuser
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4foasta View Post
Hi,

i got a strange problem with my S4 mini (I9195) with CM11 (20140505; snapshot M6).

On my device the clock in the status bar and the widget one stops working every now and then. This doesn't apply to the lockscreen-clock. If i rotate the screen, the clocks get updated and show the correct time - the clock keeps frozen though (it doesn't work further until the next screen-rotation).

I've got the date+clock set automatically via network. If i set it manually, the status bar clock gets updated, but not the widget (just unticking "auto set clock" is not enough, i have to "set clock".). Still, the clock won't keep working, it will just stay frozen till the next rotation.

I found already a few descriptions of this phenomenon on the internet, but nothing here on xda and no solution either.
Please, if anybody knows a solution, it would be most welcome.

regards,
d4foasta
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4foasta View Post
if my problem isn't that difficult to solve or if i made some error i don't know it. Do i have to post logs? I came here because i have a problem with my s4 mini and i can't post in the developer-thread.

There was this issue in the s3 mini forum too, i think they said it's cm11 related.. you can check this thread for their solutions, some deleted a file etc. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2521593

It's a very common problem there
Please click the thanks button under my post if you considered my post useful! Thank you.

If you like to become a friend of me to discuss the S4 mini I9195, feel free to contact me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aronuser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]