Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cheap slim glass screen protector

Tip us?
 
dp_alvarez
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2014
Default Cheap slim glass screen protector

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a screen protector that is relatively cheap, ($10 each at most, frequently recommended ones like Spigen are over 30 bucks!), made of glass and slim.
No need for it to be bulletproof or anything, I'm careful with my phones and I just want it to not scratch with regular usage, not be a fingerprint magnet and not interfere with touch or s-pen sensitivity.

Anything you guys have personally used (preferably for some time already) and can recommend?
 
amebiasis
Old
#2  
amebiasis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 224
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montrose, CO/ Vero Beach, FL
Heres the one Im using, its from AmzDeal been using about a week dropped my phone several times over the weekend out hiking and not a scratch on it its tough ill give it that. Its 10 bucks shipped with amazon prime and i got it in 2 days. Its a knock off but been very good. When I got it it came in the AmzDeal box and packaging, but when I went to apply the protector it said Incipio which doesnt even make one like that for the N3 LoL. So its cheap, a knock off but feels great, stylus glides across it and as I said after numerous drops is showing to be very strong. It also is a full cover around the phone except around the top speaker, and prox sensor area but goes around the entire screen and comes with a home button cover to help make it stick up more. I took out my original screen protector on my ZeroLemon case and this fits great inside. Hope this helps link is below:

AmzDeal Screen Protector
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32gb (Verizon) w/ZeroLemon 10,000mah Battery/ZeroShock Case
ROM: Stock/Rooted/XpOsEd NC4, Android 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock NC2 4.4.2 unsecured

Tablet: ASUS TF300T 32gb w/Keyboard Dock
ROM: CM11 Nightlies, Android 4.4.4
Kernel: GEASS F2FS v7.0
The Following User Says Thank You to amebiasis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
yulaw5110
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dublin
Hey i really like zagg shields get one for bout 15 bucks
 
badchorizo
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Diego

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp_alvarez View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a screen protector that is relatively cheap, ($10 each at most, frequently recommended ones like Spigen are over 30 bucks!), made of glass and slim.
No need for it to be bulletproof or anything, I'm careful with my phones and I just want it to not scratch with regular usage, not be a fingerprint magnet and not interfere with touch or s-pen sensitivity.

Anything you guys have personally used (preferably for some time already) and can recommend?
I haven't put a screen protector on my last couple phones because I felt like they attracted grime/oil/fingerprints too much - what's the point of keeping your screen in pristine unblemished condition if you can't see it clearly because the cover is covered in fingerprints! The glass is so tough now that they really aren't necessary unless you tend to be a little abusive to your phones.

That said, I recently put on a couple different TechArmor protectors and the matte finish one is great. It is the "anti-glare / anti-fingerprint" version. I also tried the "ultra clear" version and that one is horrible! You touch it once and suddenly it looks like that beautiful sharp screen is covered in vaseline or something. Absolute fingerprint magnet, I couldn't stand it for 5 minutes. The AG/AF one is fantastic though. I really like the matte finish and how it sort of subdues the brightness of the screen without losing crispness or clarity. And you will never see a fingerprint again. I also LOVE how the stylus feels on it. It always felt a little awkward to write with on the bare screen, but on the matte protector it really feels like using a high quality ball point pen on paper. I'm sure the matte finish will be an instant turn off for some people, but I really like it and it's functional too. The "anti-glare" properties are marginal at best, but the anti-fingerprint properties are excellent. $7 for a three pack on Amazon and a little kit for applying it cleanly with no dust specks. Be careful to choose the AG/AF option and NOT the clear option (it's kind of a hidden as a "color option" so make sure you pick the one you want before you add to cart)
The Following User Says Thank You to badchorizo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kawaisa
Old
(Last edited by Kawaisa; 20th May 2014 at 09:50 AM.)
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 205
Posts: 883
Join Date: Oct 2011
Nillkin glass protector - slim, smooth and has curved sides

No need to deal with inferior PET protectors
Motorola V300 - Sony Ericsson K700i - Panasonic VS3 - Sony Ericsson W850i - HTC G1 - iPhone 2G - Samsung Vibrant - Samsung Galaxy S2 - HTC One S - Samsung Galaxy Note II - LG Nexus 4 - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Samsung Note 3 - Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE
The Following User Says Thank You to Kawaisa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gnik luap
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 221
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by amebiasis View Post
Heres the one Im using, its from AmzDeal been using about a week dropped my phone several times over the weekend out hiking and not a scratch on it its tough ill give it that. Its 10 bucks shipped with amazon prime and i got it in 2 days. Its a knock off but been very good. When I got it it came in the AmzDeal box and packaging, but when I went to apply the protector it said Incipio which doesnt even make one like that for the N3 LoL. So its cheap, a knock off but feels great, stylus glides across it and as I said after numerous drops is showing to be very strong. It also is a full cover around the phone except around the top speaker, and prox sensor area but goes around the entire screen and comes with a home button cover to help make it stick up more. I took out my original screen protector on my ZeroLemon case and this fits great inside. Hope this helps link is below:

AmzDeal Screen Protector
You said it was only cut out around the speaker and proximity sensor, but the photo of the ptoduct you linked to has the wide cut out, exposing the camera as well. Is the picture accurate or is your description?

I hate the extra wide cut out, I think that contributed to cracking my original screen protector.


Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
 
amebiasis
Old
#7  
amebiasis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 224
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montrose, CO/ Vero Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnik luap View Post
You said it was only cut out around the speaker and proximity sensor, but the photo of the ptoduct you linked to has the wide cut out, exposing the camera as well. Is the picture accurate or is your description?

I hate the extra wide cut out, I think that contributed to cracking my original screen protector.


Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
Ya sorry about that I've got it in a case and didn't realize it went over that far, the picture is correct it goes from your LED to your camera. I will say though I spoke with the seller and he apologized said the distributor put the wrong incipio sticker on the device packaging and is sending me a new protector just because. So I will say the seller was really good to work with.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32gb (Verizon) w/ZeroLemon 10,000mah Battery/ZeroShock Case
ROM: Stock/Rooted/XpOsEd NC4, Android 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock NC2 4.4.2 unsecured

Tablet: ASUS TF300T 32gb w/Keyboard Dock
ROM: CM11 Nightlies, Android 4.4.4
Kernel: GEASS F2FS v7.0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amebiasis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes