Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Default wifi key apps for android??? (calculate from mac&ssid?netgear,cisco etc???)

OP TheKingOfQueens

18th May 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hey,
do you know any wifi key calculator apps that calculates the default wifi password from mac and ssid ???
there are many apps but mostly they are for routers like jazztel or something like that, also routers ive never seen in my country( germany), only some for easybox, i know apps like router keygen and speedkey but im looking for an app that will work with cisco or netgear routers or something like that.
is there any app or isnt there even a algorithm to calculate for netgear or cysco routers?
you u know any app please tell me
20th May 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #2  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 816
 
1,150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfQueens

Hey,
do you know any wifi key calculator apps that calculates the default wifi password from mac and ssid ???
there are many apps but mostly they are for routers like jazztel or something like that, also routers ive never seen in my country( germany), only some for easybox, i know apps like router keygen and speedkey but im looking for an app that will work with cisco or netgear routers or something like that.
is there any app or isnt there even a algorithm to calculate for netgear or cysco routers?
you u know any app please tell me

If you're looking for apps which can find a wifi password all are fake. For recovering password of wifi registered on your device it's found under /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant here passwords for wifi are stored.

There no such sort of calculating password from Mac and ssid. Mac address is purely hardware based. And ssid is based on the name you give it.


Sent from my Moto G
20th May 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome

If you're looking for apps which can find a wifi password all are fake. For recovering password of wifi registered on your device it's found under /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant here passwords for wifi are stored.

There no such sort of calculating password from Mac and ssid. Mac address is purely hardware based. And ssid is based on the name you give it.


Sent from my Moto G

Thank you for answering me, there are a few routers where you can calculate the key from mac and ssid, for example easybox routers! They have the manufacured default pass that u can calculate, and some other routers too(if they dont got changed manually)
I tried it alsso but inever could calculate the right key, i think its cause the easykey apps calculate a 9 digit key but my friend has calculated one and it works for him but his password he calculated has more digits than 9, i will ask him for the name of the app next time i see him
20th May 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #4  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 816
 
1,150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfQueens

Thank you for answering me, there are a few routers where you can calculate the key from mac and ssid, for example easybox routers! They have the manufacured default pass that u can calculate, and some other routers too(if they dont got changed manually)
I tried it alsso but inever could calculate the right key, i think its cause the easykey apps calculate a 9 digit key but my friend has calculated one and it works for him but his password he calculated has more digits than 9, i will ask him for the name of the app next time i see him

Although I tried it and could hack my wifi via backtrack..

Sent from my Moto G
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes