Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I get the Samsung smart alarm like the note 3?

Tip us?

piehlg92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Talking [Q] How do I get the Samsung smart alarm like the note 3?

On the note 3 when your alarm goes off you can say dismiss or snooze. How do I get that on my s5,and what is it called?

Thanks in advance!

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by piehlg92 View Post
On the note 3 when your alarm goes off you can say dismiss or snooze. How do I get that on my s5,and what is it called?

Thanks in advance!
I just looked in 'Alarm settings' and the only 'Smart Alarm' I see is just giving it an ascending loudness is the only difference. Nothing about voice deactivation.
If I helped you, hit thanks if you like.

-Kevin
The Following User Says Thank You to kprice8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bagery77
Old
(Last edited by bagery77; 15th May 2014 at 05:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Sorry, my suggestion doesn't work. Will be back if I figure it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to bagery77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,578
On S3 4.3 turn on Voice Control in main settings. It is not in app. Not sure if same on S5 4.4.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535

bagery77
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1 View Post
On S3 4.3 turn on Voice Control in main settings. It is not in app. Not sure if same on S5 4.4.
I spent a great deal of time hunting this down the other day.There's no voice control option on this device unless they hid the dickens out of it.

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagery77 View Post
I spent a great deal of time hunting this down the other day.There's no voice control option on this device unless they hid the dickens out of it.
I found on Google that it has been removed on S5. It was one of the "gimmicks" that got axed.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535

TVThemeGuy
Old
(Last edited by TVThemeGuy; 20th May 2014 at 03:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
My wife had the same issue on her Galaxy S5. I own an S3, and for me, that's been one of the niftiest features!

I did some research on the matter to find a suitable replacement. I find that Wake Voice (available in the Google Play Store) does a nice job. It contains all the features of the Samsung solution, but in addition, you can set it up to read the weather, news and your horoscope. These are options the Samsung solution never offered.

The developer offers a 10 alarm trial. After that, it's just under $3 (US) to obtain the paid version.

HTH

The Following User Says Thank You to TVThemeGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]