Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Rufus Cuff - Super SmartWatch

Tip us?

n1nj4Lo
Old
(Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 19th May 2014 at 06:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 214
Default The Rufus Cuff - Super SmartWatch

Or would it be TWatch Tablet Watch. IDK Or Care, all I know is this might be the one I'll finally sucker in on and get... Full fledged android on a 3 inch display watch...

A fellow geek cashier at CVS told me about it after we were talking about his Galaxy Gear. LoL! I said the Gear and others were too minimal for me.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...municator#home
http://rufuslabs.com/

They begin shipping in september.

But let's begin talking about it... Too big, too small?

I think 3 inches might be the prime size for a smartwatch, certainly some would prolly say 3 inches too big, but obviously in a full fledged android wrist watch, 2 inches is too small for me not that I've messed with one that size yet but it seems and sounds pretty crammed up together and cramped, I've played around with a few 3 and 4 inch android phones and when ya put it in landscape it's easy to navigate everything.

I think this will certainly be the phablet of smartwatches, and when phablets very first came out everybody said no that's too big nobody will want that and now ya see more phablets in peoples hands than you see standard sized screens/phones typically and they keep raising the bar on the size.

It'll be great when they start making these with a smaller more slimmed down base and a somewhat flexible display, so far the problem with a lot of smartwatches is they high tower up off your wrist making it almost clunky and a lil out of place.

So what do you think?
My owned smartphone list order:
HTC Mogul
Samsung i760
HTC TP2
LG Fathom
HTC HD2
(Went to the darkside.... Still waiting for my cookies!!)
Dell Streak (Mini) 5
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Finally got my cookies | i317 on T-Mobile)
_

Using HTC HD2 - [Windows Mobile 6.5 Stock, Ubuntu and MccMBoXMaX SD] - Dell Streak (Mini) 5 [LXdroid 0.2] - Samsung i317 [DN3 v4B 4.4.2]

willbro
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I think the Pine may have some stiff competition.

ronaldheld
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Why? The pine is a wrist phone, the rufus a smartwatch.