Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC One V doesn't start anymore, how can I get it working again?

OP Mortyy

20th April 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
More
Hey guys,

a while ago, the HTC One V of a friend of mine just shut down and now it doesn't start anymore I tried to reset it by pressing the power button and the vol down button for about 10 seconds, but it just does nothing. If i connect it to the charger, the led is blinking orange, also if I connect it to the PC it's blinking, but the PC doesn't recognize it and the screen stays black. I also tried to restart it while holding it under a bright light, but that also doesn't work.
It wasn't rooted and the bootloader was locked and stuff, he just used it normally.
I hope you can help me, the things I found in the forums didnt work
21st April 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 22

170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortyy

Hey guys,

a while ago, the HTC One V of a friend of mine just shut down and now it doesn't start anymore I tried to reset it by pressing the power button and the vol down button for about 10 seconds, but it just does nothing. If i connect it to the charger, the led is blinking orange, also if I connect it to the PC it's blinking, but the PC doesn't recognize it and the screen stays black. I also tried to restart it while holding it under a bright light, but that also doesn't work.
It wasn't rooted and the bootloader was locked and stuff, he just used it normally.

Is it still under warranty?
21st April 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNexus

Is it still under warranty?

No
22nd April 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #4  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 180

903 posts
More
try leave it charging for a day and then try to turn it on
20th May 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  

8 posts
Question
I'm in a similar situation. got the phone from a friend, who has not used it in almost a year. i charged it for a long-long time, but it still doesnt turn on. tried hard reset, still nothing. when i connect it to the pc it installed the correct drivers, etc. but i tried to connect it via the all in one toolkit and it did not recognize the phone. utorrent recognized it as a usb disk. really strange. is there any chance of recovering it or send it to htc? (which would not be a cheap solution without the warranty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortyy

Hey guys,

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread