Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Urgent help needed

Tip us?

MD0038
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Urgent help needed

Am a bit novice n need help
am running dn3 v1.0 n its pretty stable and good
and my boot loader is N7100XXDMG1
so my first question is should i upgrae to dn3 v5 and if yes just see n tell if i have got the process right or not if not please suggest some correction
1- I flash mj5 bootloader from joeldroid n2 forum that 1.6 mb file using odin
2-i have philz tough now i install twrp
3- now i backup my app n efs
4-make a nandroid backup
5-wipe data n cache
6-install the new rom
is that it or i need to do something else
advance thanks help would appreciated
CKN

xavivts
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD0038 View Post
so my first question is should i upgrae to dn3 v5 and if yes just see n tell if i have got the process right or not if not please suggest some correction
4-make a nandroid backup
5-wipe data n cache
6-install the new rom
hello,
sure I'll have to flash the boot mj5 if you have not already installed and come 4.3.
mg1 is a modem, not a bootloader.
Steps you say are good for flash, keep the backups in the external sd card.
incuidos make full wipes and wipes internal sd car system and install from external sd card rom.

greetings and good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to xavivts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1485
Quote:
4-make a nandroid backup
5-wipe data n cache
6-install the new rom
Don't flash bootloader first , back up your current rom and everything, make efs back up and such. Next you can either use latest Philz 6.26.6 or 6.41. Twrp use 2.7.0.2( whichever recovery you are comfortable with ). Do the wipes ( fully clean your internal memory ) If you need a guide on how to clean the phone using either of the recoveries click on my signature called JellyKat FAQ's you'll find the links to latest Recoveries as well as step by step instructions on how to flash bootloader and link to MJ5 bootloader ( it's a rar file , extract it and you'll get the .tar.md5 file and place that on Bootloader option in PC Odin). So after you've cleaned your phone flash the DN3 ROM let the phone boot up go through set up screen and such. Now your WiFi won't be working cause of old bootloader .so put your phone into download mods flash the new bootloader via PC Odin . Reboot and done. The only thing with MJ5 and other 4.3 bootloader is that you won't be able to charge your phone when powered off it reboots. If your warranty period is already over I suggest you flash the latest kitkat bootloader ND3 ( link to it is also in JellyKat FAQ - scroll to the bottom past version 5 and you'll find the newest bootloader). Only thing is that this is a Knoxed bootloader you can never go back to 4.1.2 only 4.4.2 or 4.3 ROMS would be possible . Good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MD0038
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
Don't flash bootloader first , back up your current rom and everything, make efs back up and such. Next you can either use latest Philz 6.26.6 or 6.41. Twrp use 2.7.0.2( whichever recovery you are comfortable with ). Do the wipes ( fully clean your internal memory ) If you need a guide on how to clean the phone using either of the recoveries click on my signature called JellyKat FAQ's you'll find the links to latest Recoveries as well as step by step instructions on how to flash bootloader and link to MJ5 bootloader ( it's a rar file , extract it and you'll get the .tar.md5 file and place that on Bootloader option in PC Odin). So after you've cleaned your phone flash the DN3 ROM let the phone boot up go through set up screen and such. Now your WiFi won't be working cause of old bootloader .so put your phone into download mods flash the new bootloader via PC Odin . Reboot and done. The only thing with MJ5 and other 4.3 bootloader is that you won't be able to charge your phone when powered off it reboots. If your warranty period is already over I suggest you flash the latest kitkat bootloader ND3 ( link to it is also in JellyKat FAQ - scroll to the bottom past version 5 and you'll find the newest bootloader). Only thing is that this is a Knoxed bootloader you can never go back to 4.1.2 only 4.4.2 or 4.3 ROMS would be possible . Good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
everything done as u told n things are just awsome njoying the new rom and typing from my note 2 and ya didnt flash modem u gave in dn3 thread I guess nd1 or sth coz signal is as it sud be and thnxx again a lot lot lot and lot to both of u for help
n guess i can contact u in future if need arises through pm and again thanks for the help
CKN

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1485
Quote:
everything done as u told n things are just awsome njoying the new rom and typing from my note 2 and ya didnt flash modem u gave in dn3 thread I guess nd1 or sth coz signal is as it sud be and thnxx again a lot lot lot and lot to both of u for help
n guess i can contact u in future if need arises through pm and again thanks for the help
Awesome! Enjoy the DN3 ROM and you can get in touch with me either by PM or by posting in DN3 ROM and mentioning my name (i hope you know how to do that?) if you don't here's how you do it type @ then right next to @ type my username singhpratik87 (no space between @ and singhpratik87) and post a comment. There are many people over at DN3 thread who would help you out incase i amnot able to get back to you soon .
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]