Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What launcher are you using for your TS?

Tip us?

pof
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
I've been using Mini Launcher... although only for a few days and haven't tried many other options yet, so i might change if there's anything better

manfly9884
Old
Thanks Meter 14
+Lokifish Marz. Can you please elaborate a little on your set up.

Thanks in advance.
OPPO Find 5
ROM: Asylum

Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid

http://twitter.com/ChrisGaldames[/url]

Android: Setting you free.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME

Right now it based on Lightning but really needs to be a standalone.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manfly9884
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Thank You Sir?

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Would love to have this for my Watch!
OPPO Find 5
ROM: Asylum

Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid

http://twitter.com/ChrisGaldames[/url]

Android: Setting you free.

jdommer
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Personally, I really liked the WP8 launcher. Could fit lots of useful info and apps on the watch screen.

jd

stingray454
Old
(Last edited by stingray454; 3rd May 2014 at 09:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I keep falling back to the stock launcher. I've tried a few (nova, apex, and similar), but the status bar is the biggest issue. I'm really fond of the bar for easy overview of new notifications, and can't really live without one. Swipestatusbar solution works ok:ish, but not having the bar there after exiting apps and having the bar interfere with touch event at the top makes it a dealbreaker.

OUI is almost there - it has widgets, app drawer and screen sorting, and the status bar. It does however lack in other ways, like missing an indicator for which screen you are on, and everything looks very blurred, together with almost no customization. Some widgets looks as if they are rendered at like 50x50 pixels and zoomed to fit the screen. Also seems unstable, it has crashed a ton of times.

If the stock launcher could just get widget support, an app drawer and preferably a way to add/remove/sort your screens, I'd be happy with it. For now it works though, and seems fast and stable with status bar working..

EDIT: After playing around a few hours with different launchers today, I finally went back to Nova. It takes some getting used to, but the status bar issue now feels like an acceptable loss compared to all the gains. It works very well, and renders on small screens better than most other launchers (some have too much paddin in the grid, some render icons very pixelated or blurry, and so on). Nova does a good job, my only peeve is that icons are aligned to the top of their grid position, and widgets are aligned to the center. This means that if you place an icon next to a widget, they will not align, and also the icons come a bit too close to the top. However, it's still better than the alternatives I've tried, so sticking with Nova for now.

kyle_ken
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Lightening launcher with x3 UI layout.
When will you be releasing it???

ottoen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am using launcher 8.
The tiles uses most of the screen at any given time, as opposed to a more regular android launcher.
Android launchers in general wastes a lot of screen real estate. This is because of the way the icons are organized, with lots of empty space between them.

The tiles you get in launcher 8 is quite tight, like in a proper windows phone.
I like this.
The tiles are also customizable in size, so stuff that is often used will have big tiles, while the lesser used programs get smaller tiles.
Launcher 8 also runs smoothly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (1).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	2725681   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (2).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	2725682   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (3).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	2725683  
The Following User Says Thank You to ottoen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aeron16
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdommer View Post
Personally, I really liked the WP8 launcher. Could fit lots of useful info and apps on the watch screen.

jd
am using this too

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BPM
Old
Thanks Meter 8
i use tsf shell for many years on all my phones and tablets.
now i use it on the truesmart and it really works great.
its smooth, it looks cool, you reach everything you want in short time.

shure i have to use swype status bar, but that is not really a problem.

ok it is not really cheap, but you only pay one time and can use it on all devices, so i think the price is fair if you have more devices