Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there an app that masks you're using a mobile device?

Tip us?

jbrookley
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Is there an app that masks you're using a mobile device?

So, I've tried to access a few youtube videos as well as few websites that don't allow access to the videos on mobile devices (as well as some garbage pages that have poorly designed mobile sites). I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that will mask that the device you're using is a mobile device so you can access official websites rather than mobile optimized devices. I'm not sure where else to post so this seemed as good a place as any other. Let me know when you get the chance. Thanks, guys!

MeganTheo613
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookley View Post
So, I've tried to access a few youtube videos as well as few websites that don't allow access to the videos on mobile devices (as well as some garbage pages that have poorly designed mobile sites). I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that will mask that the device you're using is a mobile device so you can access official websites rather than mobile optimized devices. I'm not sure where else to post so this seemed as good a place as any other. Let me know when you get the chance. Thanks, guys!
i just used dolphin browser or google browser and set it as desktop mode. It is in the settings of browser.
The Following User Says Thank You to MeganTheo613 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbrookley
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganTheo613 View Post
i just used dolphin browser or google browser and set it as desktop mode. It is in the settings of browser.
Sorry to bump this so late but I was able to get desktop mode working based on your suggestion. Thanks a lot!