Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 LTE gsm calls

Tip us?

meedoo1997
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Nexus 7 LTE gsm calls

Hi .. I have a nexus 7 WiFi only .. But I want to replace it with the lte version just because I need the sim to make regular phone calls and sms massages just like a phone .. So does the lte version make phone calls and SMS .. I did some search and I read that there's a ship of nexus 7 with enabled mobile data .. I don't know if that true .. And also there's no 3g and 4g in my country .. So I'm upgrading just because GSM .. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

meedoo1997
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Guys please I need an answer ..

aznrice2k4
Old
Thanks Meter 3411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meedoo1997 View Post
Hi .. I have a nexus 7 WiFi only .. But I want to replace it with the lte version just because I need the sim to make regular phone calls and sms massages just like a phone .. So does the lte version make phone calls and SMS .. I did some search and I read that there's a ship of nexus 7 with enabled mobile data .. I don't know if that true .. And also there's no 3g and 4g in my country .. So I'm upgrading just because GSM .. Thanks

You can do sms, mms, and sip. Telephony calls on the hand as of now no.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

meedoo1997
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznrice2k4 View Post
You can do sms, mms, and sip. Telephony calls on the hand as of now no.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
Are you sure ? Because in gsmarena.com is written there :
"Asus nexus 7 2 with cellular with 3g/4g support"
And
"Asus nexus 7 2 with no cellular network support"

bob60626
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Cellular means the LTE version; there is no phone enabled version. The second one is the wifi version.

I use mine with 8sms for sms and mms. I had to root and use the xposed module to allow texts. It works great but I still sometimes also get texts as push messages.
For voice I use Vonage for outgoing calls and my carrier's visual voicemail app. No incoming calls but I don't get a lot of them. If it's a call heavy day I'll just keep the sim in my Note 2 (my default phone) or my Nokia 520. The 520 and N7 is a sweet pair- lots of options and fairly easy to swap the sim between. Also, they only cost $250 for the two of them, less than the Note 2!