Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 39,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to build CWM for Broadcom

Tip us?

kgarg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] How to build CWM for Broadcom

I want to know how can I build a clockworkmod recovery for my broadcom bcm23550 mobile phone...I heard that i will require kernel source to build a CWM but I don't have as it's not been released yet...I tried builder.clockworkmod.com too but after flashing that recovery there was nothing but a black screen appearing when I booted to recovery.. I can provide all the necessary files and info, can do the hard work too but I need some directions to proceed. Please help me out..
Don't be lazy It takes only a click to press THANKS!!!!

kgarg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Help

Is there any way to have a working CWM or any other custom recovery without having the kernel sources??
If yes please do give me accurate directions. PLEASE!!!

kgarg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default CWM

Will I get any help in this matter?

prit4u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cwm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgarg View Post
Will I get any help in this matter?
u will not get any help. m also trying but no help there is no development for broadcom devices my device is bcm21553

emperorsum
Old
(Last edited by emperorsum; 5th May 2014 at 08:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
The Xolo Q1000 Opus is sold in Vietnam as Mobiistar Lai 504Q. A vietnamese developer, minhdangoz, has made a semi working CWM for this device
Link To the Vietnamese Site (Use Google Translate :P )

This recovery is in Vietnamese.

To use builder.clockworkmod.com try the following steps.
1. Save stock recovery.img and boot.img from phone into PC.
2. Extract boot.img, because thats where you'll find recovery.fstab.
3. Use this file for graphics.c -> graphics.zip (This file is from minhdangoz's source code of his CWM port)
4. Use recovery.img from Step 1, recovery.fstab from Step 2 and graphics.c from Step 3
5. Build the CWM
6. Let me know how it goes

prit4u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default no help

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorsum View Post
The Xolo Q1000 Opus is sold in Vietnam as Mobiistar Lai 504Q. A vietnamese developer, minhdangoz, has made a semi working CWM for this device
Link To the Vietnamese Site (Use Google Translate :P )

This recovery is in Vietnamese.

To use builder.clockworkmod.com try the following steps.
1. Save stock recovery.img and boot.img from phone into PC.
2. Extract boot.img, because thats where you'll find recovery.fstab.
3. Use this file for graphics.c -> Attachment 2727513 (This file is from minhdangoz's source code of his CWM port)
4. Use recovery.img from Step 1, recovery.fstab from Step 2 and graphics.c from Step 3
5. Build the CWM
6. Let me know how it goes
its also did not work

emperorsum
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by prit4u View Post
its also did not work
we have a working CWM and TWRP for the Xolo thanks to @minhdangoz94 . I have tested it and it works.

nandroid backup works well.

you can find the CWM and TWRP here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2740261

i find it easy flash it from fastboot.. by adb reboot-bootloader

dd dump the stock recovery before hand as this CWM cannot flash Xolo updates.. It can only flash custom ROMs and ROMs from Mobiistar.
(The Mobiistar Lai 504Q sold in vietnam is the exact same phone as the Xolo Opus)

if Xolo releases update that you want to install.. flash xolo recovery first and then apply the xolo update.. for every other job that CWM is known for, this recovery works well. so you can flash it back after installing the update from Xolo.
The Following User Says Thank You to emperorsum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prit4u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorsum View Post
we have a working CWM and TWRP for the Xolo thanks to @minhdangoz94 . I have tested it and it works.

nandroid backup works well.

you can find the CWM and TWRP here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2740261

i find it easy flash it from fastboot.. by adb reboot-bootloader

dd dump the stock recovery before hand as this CWM cannot flash Xolo updates.. It can only flash custom ROMs and ROMs from Mobiistar.
(The Mobiistar Lai 504Q sold in vietnam is the exact same phone as the Xolo Opus)

if Xolo releases update that you want to install.. flash xolo recovery first and then apply the xolo update.. for every other job that CWM is known for, this recovery works well. so you can flash it back after installing the update from Xolo.
but frend my device is not xolo. only xolo is broadcom device ?? question is for all bcm devices. and when i uploaded my stock recovery and recovery.fstab to builder.clockworkmod.com then the output recovery did not work. i tried again 2 times by graphics.c uploading and these 2 times recovery was not successful.

Tags
broadcom bcm23550, cwm, no source