Ask a question

No registration required

Settings Reset every Boot Up

OP migueldias94

20th May 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
I'm still on Color OS 1.2 and it's driving me crazy, i'm just waiting for a stable ROM to jump ship as fast as i can. It's the buggiest stock ROM i've ever used, the stock gallery app crashes, almost everytime. VSCO in-camera camera crashes. I had one random reboot, but this is not the worst.

The settings. I love SwiftKey so i naturally installed it, and everything goes okay until i try to use it. It works, it works perfectly, but everytime an app requests keyboard usage, the SwiftKey keyboard launches but a notification always appears, it reads "Choose Input Method" so i tap it, and choose SwiftKey and the pop-up goes away but the notification is still there. I tap it again and the same window pops, and again and again.

I go to the Input Settings to try and choose SwiftKey once and for all, but ColorOS doesn't let me uncheck Oppo Swype, i tap it but the checkmark doesn't go away. So basically i have both SwiftKey and Oppo's Swype active. That's okay, i can live with the constant notification and Oppo's Swype active as long as the keyboard launching is SwiftKey.

But, if i reboot the phone, and try to use an app, a wild Oppo Swype appears. I go to the settings and SwiftKey is unchecked. So basically everytime i reboot the phone i have to check SwiftKey in order to use it. I'd love to delete Oppo's Stock keyboard, but i don't know how.

Another thing that is annoying me a little too much is Facebook. Everytime i reboot my phone, i have to add my Facebook account in the Accounts Settings. What's strange is that, even without my FB account activated in the settings, if i open the FB Messenger or the FB app they both login automatically but if i open another app that communicates with a FB account (Chronus for example), i have to add my FB login manually because the app says that i do not have any FB account linked to my phone, and what's strange is that i thought this could maybe be due to my FB app being stored in phone storage, so i moved it to system storage and as soon as i tapped the "Move to system" button, my Find 7a rebooted.

And i won't install 2.0 Beta since it must be even worse atm. I'm craving for a stable ROM.

edit: I can't even change the order of my home screens.
Last edited by migueldias94; 21st May 2014 at 02:06 AM.
20th May 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Don't be scared by the "beta", in my opinion 2.0 is a lot more stable than 1.2. And a lot of the bloatware is gone.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread