[Q] Buying SM-P605 Advice

OP hi2shy

20th May 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

When you use Kies for emergency recovery you input the device serial number. From that, Kies knows the CSC the device shipped with and the regional ROM it should be running. Of course Samsung has access to the same information. I'm running a TPA 4.4 ROM but as you can see below my CSC is still TTT. So I have no idea what happened in your situation but you'll forever have a HK device based on its serial number. I'd say it would affect your warranty but you don't have one any way.

Yes I know that and where you have TTT, I now have PHE.
20th May 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Just an update, my 605 arrived today all the way from HK (took 8 days from ordering to arrival!). Everything working exactly as it should, on connecting to wifi it's already asking me to update to 'fix stability issues'. For now I've disabled it updating, not actually sure what it wants to update! To KitKat? It's my first tablet, so I'm leaving at stock for a week or so to get the general gist of it. Makes it easier that I have had an S3 for near 2 years now and it seems almost everything (menus etc) are almost identical. Put my phone sim into the note and it works no problem, I'm not on 4G at the minute mainly because it's expensive, I live in Birmingham so the 4G coverage here is excellent. Looking forward to reading up on rooting and trying out some mods, stocky's looks a good one, but I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has any Very happy with my 353 purchase, it's the 32GB version too. Seems plenty fast for me not being that experienced using a tablet. Fully expecting the same model when released in uk will easy be 600 maybe more, or more likely tied to a mad 24 month 4G contract 60+ a month plus 100 quid upfront.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread