Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

2nd bad M8...sigh...

OP FlowingAway

20th May 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 1,714

4,370 posts
Even going through what I went through having to get a replacement m8, it's still rather go through that than be stuck with Touchwiz. I'd even consider going the iPhone route over the s5.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 1,105

2,688 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo

Just for the record I have not seen nearly this level of discussion
Of network issues on the S5 (same chips, probably same firmware, same towers).

I've been reading every post on both forums for past few weeks.

I'll be putting my M8 on ebay soon unless the S5 has a melt down.
Just don't trust it.

If you google network issues on M8 vs S5 you'll get night and day difference in discussion.

Not saying S5 is perfect. But for every S5 "network issues" there are 10 M8's.

Unless M8 is selling 10x more.

Hard to say if it's a bad batch too.

Could be just an option that's turned on in M8 that some towers don't handle well.

Development for the GS5 on Sprint doesn't even exist lol I wouldnt do it if I was you you will regret it. And I also would choose an iPhone over the GS5

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 338

879 posts
I'm the same way, even if this phone doesn't work out for me and I return it, I refuse to buy another Samsung device, l haven't sold my S4 yet so I'd go back to that regretfully

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk
20th May 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #64  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 244

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Even going through what I went through having to get a replacement m8, it's still rather go through that than be stuck with Touchwiz. I'd even consider going the iPhone route over the s5.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I don't see the big deal about Touchwiz. You click an Icon and it Launches. You flick a page and get more Icons. You drag Icons around. You add Widgets.

What is most annoying (and I'm not sure if I would call it TouchWiz). Is the Settings stuff. The Quick Menus are not as Nice as HTC. Nor is all of Settings.
They added this layer of Icons above it with rather generic names and it's hard to find the setting you want. Certainly annoying but not a deal breaker.

And if you like Blink Feed nothing comes quite close to that.

You can run Sense 6 with Blink Feed on any KitKat device. However dynamic Icons (like Unread Email Count Bubble) does not update.
It runs absolutely perfect other than this issue and installs very cleanly. If they can fix that issue I'll probably run it.

You can also run other launchers as well.

It has no effect on Settings and Quick Settings which isn't technically "Sense 6" but is part of the HTC way of doing stuff and closer to AOSP.

Email looks and feels very much like HTC. As well as contacts. But the Phone UI is goofy. Prefer HTC on the Phone.

I think some people label "TouchWiz" as all customizations the Samsung does and "Sense 6" everything HTC does.

That argument I can understand. And I prefer HTC overall package.

But the launcher itself is such a small piece of the whole package. And technically Touchwiz is just the launcher.
20th May 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #65  
Flag Littleton, CO
Thanks Meter: 1,774

4,012 posts
More
I have never had a problem with TouchWiz other than samsung's choice of colors, and sounds. The ui sounds are easy to change though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread