Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 39,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

this phone is tough

Tip us?

Napoleones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondreux View Post
That is why I have an otter box and a really expensive, tough screen protector. If you're planning on biking with your phone loose in your pocket, you may want to invest in those also!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It's just fine to spend money for your phone's protection. This is one of the nicest phones.

termleech
Old
Thanks Meter 912

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsminnis View Post
That's funny because this feels like the most fragile android I've owned in 5 years. Mainly because my first one lived in my pocket but the camera still managed to get scratched to the point to where it was hard to find a spot on it that wasn't scratched. Now I don't feel comfortable carrying my phone at work. I carried my s4 everywhere with me for a year and not one scratch on the camera lens. This is my first phone with a screen protector on the camera lens.
I agree on the camera screen. Mine has a couple scratches as well. Never had any other phone do that. However the rest of the phone is scratch free which is even more strange. What protector are you using on the camera screen? I think I'm going to get HTC to fix it then apply a protector to it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Team BAKED Developer / Maintainer

Donations are never expected but always welcomed. Click here to donate.

mchief298
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
No scratches on any of my lenses... And this phone goes through my daughter. Oo

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app
My philosophy is that if your "contribution" to the community has a giant DONATE button in the center of the page? It isn't worth the download.

Devices - Verizon
  • Galaxy S3 (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy S4 MDK (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Traded for M7
  • HTC M7 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Sold
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Sold
  • Galaxy S3 (Unrooted, Stock) - Edged Up
  • HTC M8 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Current Device

eikast
Old
Thanks Meter 54
It feel out of my sweater's pocket right onto the blacktop as I was getting out of my car. Minor scratches on top left and bottom right on the back side. Oh well. I'll have to be more careful.

jessbowring
Old
(Last edited by jessbowring; 19th May 2014 at 02:48 PM.) Reason: typos
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by termleech View Post
I agree on the camera screen. Mine has a couple scratches as well. Never had any other phone do that. However the rest of the phone is scratch free which is even more strange. What protector are you using on the camera screen? I think I'm going to get HTC to fix it then apply a protector to it.

I thought I had a ton of scratches on my lens,I would wipe it off with a soft cloth and they wouldn't wipe off. Well today while sitting bored I just took my sleeve and rubbed with some pressure for a good 5 minutes. All those marks that looked like scratches all came of . Might try some alcohol on a qtip when I get home.
HTC ONE M8 -Sonic S'offed, unlocked, rooted, Venom Rom
HTC ONE *BLUE* Sonic S'offed, unlocked, rooted, Venom Rom

Retired
Samsung Galaxy S3
Droid Bionic
HTC Thunderbolt
Droid X
The Following User Says Thank You to jessbowring For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidmarc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
going back to the original op issue. I use the dot case when not biking and I use a otter box defender case mounted to the handle bars when riding. So far the otter box works very nice and does not come off on the bike ride. It takes around a minute to put the phone in the case every ride, but nothing to long.

one added bonus about the mounted otter box and m8. When listing to a talk podcast I sometimes do not use headphones, the speakers are plenty loud.