No registration required

this phone is tough

OP scooterman

18th May 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 9

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondreux

That is why I have an otter box and a really expensive, tough screen protector. If you're planning on biking with your phone loose in your pocket, you may want to invest in those also!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's just fine to spend money for your phone's protection. This is one of the nicest phones.
18th May 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #12  
Flag McPherson, KS
Thanks Meter: 921

1,006 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsminnis

That's funny because this feels like the most fragile android I've owned in 5 years. Mainly because my first one lived in my pocket but the camera still managed to get scratched to the point to where it was hard to find a spot on it that wasn't scratched. Now I don't feel comfortable carrying my phone at work. I carried my s4 everywhere with me for a year and not one scratch on the camera lens. This is my first phone with a screen protector on the camera lens.

I agree on the camera screen. Mine has a couple scratches as well. Never had any other phone do that. However the rest of the phone is scratch free which is even more strange. What protector are you using on the camera screen? I think I'm going to get HTC to fix it then apply a protector to it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
18th May 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #13  
Flag Casper
Thanks Meter: 100

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
No scratches on any of my lenses... And this phone goes through my daughter. Oo

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app
19th May 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 54

250 posts
It feel out of my sweater's pocket right onto the blacktop as I was getting out of my car. Minor scratches on top left and bottom right on the back side. Oh well. I'll have to be more careful.

19th May 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #15  
Flag Saco
Thanks Meter: 17

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by termleech

I agree on the camera screen. Mine has a couple scratches as well. Never had any other phone do that. However the rest of the phone is scratch free which is even more strange. What protector are you using on the camera screen? I think I'm going to get HTC to fix it then apply a protector to it.

I thought I had a ton of scratches on my lens,I would wipe it off with a soft cloth and they wouldn't wipe off. Well today while sitting bored I just took my sleeve and rubbed with some pressure for a good 5 minutes. All those marks that looked like scratches all came of . Might try some alcohol on a qtip when I get home.
Last edited by jessbowring; 19th May 2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: typos
The Following User Says Thank You to jessbowring For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 12

81 posts
More
going back to the original op issue. I use the dot case when not biking and I use a otter box defender case mounted to the handle bars when riding. So far the otter box works very nice and does not come off on the bike ride. It takes around a minute to put the phone in the case every ride, but nothing to long.

one added bonus about the mounted otter box and m8. When listing to a talk podcast I sometimes do not use headphones, the speakers are plenty loud.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread