Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Parental Control - Restrict Apps & Websites

Tip us?

mystic.bertie
Old
(Last edited by mystic.bertie; 17th May 2014 at 06:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Wink [Q] Parental Control - Restrict Apps & Websites

Hey Guys.

I got my daughter a new Moto G with android 4.4. She has her tablet for main internet and app use. I intend to edit the mobile internet details so she cant access the internet away from home. I also want to restrict certain apps and websites and in general, make sure she does not come across any unsavory websites.

I read a couple of tutorials but that involved setting your own phone for a child to use. So is there a way of setting the phone to do what i need or is there an app, free or pad that will do what i want.

xChromiumx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic.bertie View Post
Hey Guys.

I got my daughter a new Moto G with android 4.4. She has her tablet for main internet and app use. I intend to edit the mobile internet details so she cant access the internet away from home. I also want to restrict certain apps and websites and in general, make sure she does not come across any unsavory websites.

I read a couple of tutorials but that involved setting your own phone for a child to use. So is there a way of setting the phone to do what i need or is there an app, free or pad that will do what i want.
One that I would suggest is Funamo, it does everything you want, but costs $20 for a license after the 2 day trial.

mystic.bertie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChromiumx View Post
One that I would suggest is Funamo, it does everything you want, but costs $20 for a license after the 2 day trial.
Hey thanks for the suggestion, ill install it and see how the 2 day trial goes.