[Q] increase volume?

OP JinxTheCat

7th May 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
More
Is there a way to make the volume louder? For my S4 I found something to flash but is there a way to do that
on the Tab 3 10.1 or anything to increase it through headphones and the speaker? Also I asked some other thread and no oneanswers does anyone know how to make the tab connect to certain wifis? Works at my house and my friens but not at my mom's house even afterresetting her router please help? I asked in the q &a but no one ever answers.
7th May 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 98

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxTheCat

Is there a way to make the volume louder? For my S4 I found something to flash but is there a way to do that
on the Tab 3 10.1 or anything to increase it through headphones and the speaker? Also I asked some other thread and no oneanswers does anyone know how to make the tab connect to certain wifis? Works at my house and my friens but not at my mom's house even afterresetting her router please help? I asked in the q &a but no one ever answers.

Check your settings for your wifi. Try changing to either 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz.... also try your router on channel 11.

As for the sound... There arnt any devs that know how to do this yet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to pug1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug1

Check your settings for your wifi. Try changing to either 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz.... also try your router on channel 11.

As for the sound... There arnt any devs that know how to do this yet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Thank you
7th May 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Rota
Thanks Meter: 902

839 posts
More
It is fairly easy. You will need to edit a text file in the folder /system/etc. I'm not sure you can access that if you aren't rooted. The file to edit is default_gain.conf. Use a text editor and VERY carefully edit just the speaker section changing the numbers to match the example below on the screen shot. It may distort a little at max volume but drop the level one notch or use a level of 60 where I used 62.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399470429707.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2730597

Depending on your device, the file to edit may have a slightly different name. It end with. CONF and the contents will look like the screenshot. I have done this on a Note2 and a Tab3. You have to reboot after the edit.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan 4.4.2 ND3
Last edited by quijote1; 7th May 2014 at 03:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to quijote1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 72

286 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't see it anywhere in that folder...even with es file manager set for showing hidden files. Can we just create the file? Or do it have to be there originally?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
20th May 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 437

921 posts
Audio volume
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman19631

I don't see it anywhere in that folder...even with es file manager set for showing hidden files. Can we just create the file? Or do it have to be there originally?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

mxplayer has an option to use swdecode instead of hw and doubles your volume
i turned my droid 2 into an mp3 player/radio and it does pretty good
i almost don't hear the lawnmower going with headphones in

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote1

It is fairly easy. You will need to edit a text file in the folder /system/etc. I'm not sure you can access that if you aren't rooted. The file to edit is default_gain.conf. Use a text editor and VERY carefully edit just the speaker section changing the numbers to match the example below on the screen shot. It may distort a little at max volume but drop the level one notch or use a level of 60 where I used 62.
Attachment 2730597

Depending on your device, the file to edit may have a slightly different name. It end with. CONF and the contents will look like the screenshot. I have done this on a Note2 and a Tab3. You have to reboot after the edit.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan 4.4.2 ND3

would post file please ? as text
thanks.
20th May 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Gravitybox: 30 volume step + VIPER4android FX

Enviado desde mi SM-T210 usando XDA Premium HD app
20th May 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #8  
Flag Rota
Thanks Meter: 902

839 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbutt74

mxplayer has an option to use swdecode instead of hw and doubles your volume
i turned my droid 2 into an mp3 player/radio and it does pretty good
i almost don't hear the lawnmower going with headphones in

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

would post file please ? as text
thanks.

Sorry I was slow in responding. The file absolutely must be in /system/etc. It will show up after the various folders. It is default_gain.conf. I don't know if a non-rooted user can see that file. Are you rooted.?
I don't see a way to upload a file from XDA Free on the tablet. All you need to do is carefully change a few numbers and reboot and you will have all the volume you want.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan 4.4.2 ND3
The Following User Says Thank You to quijote1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 437

921 posts
hey
Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote1

Sorry I was slow in responding. The file absolutely must be in /system/etc. It will show up after the various folders. It is default_gain.conf. I don't know if a non-rooted user can see that file. Are you rooted.?
I don't see a way to upload a file from XDA Free on the tablet. All you need to do is carefully change a few numbers and reboot and you will have all the volume you want.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan 4.4.2 ND3

yup good w/root
just want to look at yours and mine side by side
i don't use xda app, i tend to be web-site or bust
either way thanks for responding
peace

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread