Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 40,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3-Dot Menu Disappeared

Tip us?

YosefKonrad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 3-Dot Menu Disappeared

So many months ago I altered my build.prop to remove the annoying amazon navigation bar hogging the right side of my screen. To replace the navigation buttons, I've been using 'Button Savior' and it's all been working beautifully.

My issue is that, for a small number of programs, the menu button included with 'Button Savior' doesn't activate the options menu. And the 3-dot menu button seems to have disappeared for those programs as well. So for OfficeSuite and a CPU management app, I have no ability to enter the settings/options menu.

Is there a fix for this? Using Gapps ROM Version 2.

Thanks

icedtrip
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by YosefKonrad View Post
So many months ago I altered my build.prop to remove the annoying amazon navigation bar hogging the right side of my screen. To replace the navigation buttons, I've been using 'Button Savior' and it's all been working beautifully.

My issue is that, for a small number of programs, the menu button included with 'Button Savior' doesn't activate the options menu. And the 3-dot menu button seems to have disappeared for those programs as well. So for OfficeSuite and a CPU management app, I have no ability to enter the settings/options menu.

Is there a fix for this? Using Gapps ROM Version 2.

Thanks
I have run into this same issue using Auto Hide Soft Keys and the Press application. I have to toggle Auto Hide Soft Keys to access the apps settings button. Initially I thought it may just be a landscape quirk since the Fire OS side buttons are gone when they usually are there in landscape, but I've got the same issue in portrait mode too.