Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call for experts in this section

Tip us?
 
n2m-2hwah
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Call for experts in this section

Hello
I have a problem I did not find a solution in any place,
The device has the full support of the Arabic language, but
No support for the Arabic language in the keyboard layouts Foreign
I can not write with the external keyboard,
Is there some way to resolve this problem
I want a way to add the Arabic language keyboard layouts
I look forward to the bright ideas
Away from racism, because I did not find a solution in the Arabic-speaking communities
 
arrrghhh
Old
#2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3380
Posts: 11,042
Join Date: Feb 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Please see this thread.
 
n2m-2hwah
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Please see this thread.
I have read all the posts.
There is no solution in this link
Is there something helps add the Arabic language in the keyboard layouts
- The application helps add languages ​​in keyboard layouts
- File is modified it and include it in the system files
Or other ways
I know that there are a lot of solutions, but you need an expert to someone
 
arrrghhh
Old
#4  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3380
Posts: 11,042
Join Date: Feb 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2m-2hwah View Post
I have read all the posts.
There is no solution in this link
Is there something helps add the Arabic language in the keyboard layouts
- The application helps add languages ​​in keyboard layouts
- File is modified it and include it in the system files
Or other ways
I know that there are a lot of solutions, but you need an expert to someone
Well, if it doesn't exist then you have 2 options with open source.

1. Help make it yourself.
2. Sit down and hope someone else makes it.

Since #2 isn't working out so well, you're going to have to help make one - kabaldan offered to even help you through the process... Or someone who posts a lot like you.
 
n2m-2hwah
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well, if it doesn't exist then you have 2 options with open source.

1. Help make it yourself.
2. Sit down and hope someone else makes it.

Since #2 isn't working out so well, you're going to have to help make one - kabaldan offered to even help you through the process... Or someone who posts a lot like you.
Unfortunately, no one helps one here
Did not generate a scientist in these things
I want some help on this subject for I am new in the world of Android
How do I deal with open source or what are the files you have to modify them in order to enter in the Arabic language keyboard layouts
I will be thankful to you
 
n2m-2hwah
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
2. Sit down and hope someone else makes it.

Since #2 isn't working out so well, you're going to have to help make one - kabaldan offered to even help you through the process... Or someone who posts a lot like you.
Unfortunately kabaldan, did not respond to request for assistance despite being an expert these things
Since that time and I am looking for someone to help me in how to deal with open source if the basics Mini
Thank you
 
n2m-2hwah
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
UP UP UP
 
arrrghhh
Old
#8  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3380
Posts: 11,042
Join Date: Feb 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2m-2hwah View Post
Unfortunately kabaldan, did not respond to request for assistance despite being an expert these things
Since that time and I am looking for someone to help me in how to deal with open source if the basics Mini
Thank you
He actually did offer you assistance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2m-2hwah View Post
UP UP UP
And this is just unnecessary in a section this slow.
 
n2m-2hwah
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
He actually did offer you assistance...
yes made a link without explanation, and did not tell me how to deal with him
How unearthed code layouts for external keyboard and Kiffa adjusted for the Arabic language
.. I tyro

Can you help explain the little thing about this link and how to deal with
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...0/AsantiKeypad
 
arrrghhh
Old
(Last edited by arrrghhh; 20th May 2014 at 08:10 PM.)
#10  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3380
Posts: 11,042
Join Date: Feb 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2m-2hwah View Post
yes made a link without explanation, and did not tell me how to deal with him
How unearthed code layouts for external keyboard and Kiffa adjusted for the Arabic language
.. I tyro

Can you help explain the little thing about this link and how to deal with
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...0/AsantiKeypad
Well I would compare

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...nti_qwerty.kcm

with

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...cro_qwerty.kcm

To get an idea of what needs to be changed... Again, there needs to be someone who is an expert in Arabic (and English) to really understand what character in Arabic should take the place of a key on the keyboard.

Good luck.

Edit - I did some googling... Maybe this article will help you. If you'd like, we can try to apply it to CM and you can tell me if it works.

Edit 2 - this may be a bit above my pay grade, mainly because I do not understand Arabic. Maybe you can help make sense of the KCM for Arabic?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more