Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 43,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Constant Recover Boot Loop After ANY Rom Flash

Tip us?

jdbbcd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Unhappy [Q] Constant Recover Boot Loop After ANY Rom Flash

Hello all,
This is my first time posting, but I rely on these forums for many questions, and it has always served me well. My issue is this... I am new to flashing custom roms, although not new to rooting. I follow every step of each instruction, even using the preferred (by developer) recover app. But after installation, when it does the first reboot, the phone reboots to the screen before the recovery menu, the reboots again and again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried different suggestions (delete cache/dalvik/user date more than once) among trying multiple rom's. Is this a normal issue? Is this fixable or just user (me) error? I can always get to download screen and re-flash the stock, and things work fine, but any custom rom seems to get stuck in recovery bootloop. Thanks in advance for the help.

T-Mobile US Note 3 ****900T
Most current KitKat.

The roms I am trying to use state they are for Kitkat build, for T-mobile Note 3 ***900T.

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbbcd View Post
Hello all,
This is my first time posting, but I rely on these forums for many questions, and it has always served me well. My issue is this... I am new to flashing custom roms, although not new to rooting. I follow every step of each instruction, even using the preferred (by developer) recover app. But after installation, when it does the first reboot, the phone reboots to the screen before the recovery menu, the reboots again and again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried different suggestions (delete cache/dalvik/user date more than once) among trying multiple rom's. Is this a normal issue? Is this fixable or just user (me) error? I can always get to download screen and re-flash the stock, and things work fine, but any custom rom seems to get stuck in recovery bootloop. Thanks in advance for the help.

T-Mobile US Note 3 ****900T
Most current KitKat.

The roms I am trying to use state they are for Kitkat build, for T-mobile Note 3 ***900T.
Have you followed this guide to prepare your phone for custom roms flashing?
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdbbcd
Old
(Last edited by jdbbcd; 20th May 2014 at 10:28 PM.) Reason: Edited due to trying the steps
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe View Post
Have you followed this guide to prepare your phone for custom roms flashing?
OK, yes I followed that guide. Even tried the extra guide on that thread on page 3, but still does the same thing. Constant bootloop showing the seandroid is not enforcing in red and something else below it. It doesn't read recovery in blue at the top, but that's the screen. I can go back into recovery using vol up and home, but will never boot the os or rom i flashed, until I reflash the stock rom. There has to be something I am missing. :?
The Following User Says Thank You to jdbbcd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
OK, yes I followed that guide. Even tried the extra guide on that thread on page 3, but still does the same thing. Constant bootloop showing the seandroid is not enforcing in red and something else below it. It doesn't read recovery in blue at the top, but that's the screen. I can go back into recovery using vol up and home, but will never boot the os or rom i flashed, until I reflash the stock rom. There has to be something I am missing. :?
Which version is your stock 4.4.2?
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdbbcd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Which version is your stock 4.4.2?
Hey, thanks for the reply.
Phone shows;

Model Number
SM-N900T

Android Version

Baseband Version
N900TUVUCNB4

Kernel Version
3.4.0-660648
dpi@SWDD5008 #1
Wed Feb 12 21:31:27 KST 2014 (<-----What?)

Build Number
KOT49H.N900TUVUCNB4

SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SM_N900T_4.4.2_0005

Security Software Version
MDF v1.0 Release 2

Not sure how much of all that you need, but for time delay, i give you all
The Following User Says Thank You to jdbbcd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Hey, thanks for the reply.
Phone shows;

Model Number
SM-N900T

Android Version

Baseband Version
N900TUVUCNB4

Kernel Version
3.4.0-660648
dpi@SWDD5008 #1
Wed Feb 12 21:31:27 KST 2014 (<-----What?)

Build Number
KOT49H.N900TUVUCNB4

SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SM_N900T_4.4.2_0005

Security Software Version
MDF v1.0 Release 2

Not sure how much of all that you need, but for time delay, i give you all
If you're successful in rooting and flashing Phil's CWM, maybe try flashing a custom rom again followed by a kernel like this one. Out of curiosity, which rom have you tried to flash?

jdbbcd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Smasher x was the last one I tried for 4.2.2

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Smasher x was the last one I tried for 4.2.2

I might be wrong but that one although is Kitkat needs a 4.3 bootloader where you have 4.4.2 which is why it's bootlooping. Try a newer aosp or the like that are recent that supports both 4.3 and 4.4.2 bootloader.

jdbbcd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
That makes sense. Do you have a link to a list of some sort where I can find such a thing?

jdbbcd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
I might be wrong but that one although is Kitkat needs a 4.3 bootloader where you have 4.4.2 which is why it's bootlooping. Try a newer aosp or the like that are recent that supports both 4.3 and 4.4.2 bootloader.
How about the Infamous rom?