Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Launch App with button bluetooth headset (G2 d802)

Tip us?
 
ilrisolutore
Old
#1  
ilrisolutore's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 170
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default Launch App with button bluetooth headset (G2 d802)

With samsung (s3, s4, s5) when I press the bluetooth headset button, it starts S-voice and voice commands work.
On g2, I press the button and nothing happens, why?
What can I do?
I tried to install several apps, without success!

Help me

thx in advance
 
chaki-
Old
#2  
chaki-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 660
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Banana Paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilrisolutore View Post
With samsung (s3, s4, s5) when I press the bluetooth headset button, it starts S-voice and voice commands work.
On g2, I press the button and nothing happens, why?
What can I do?
I tried to install several apps, without success!

Help me

thx in advance
With mine it starts google search.
Did you configure the voice commands?


Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)
 
ilrisolutore
Old
#3  
ilrisolutore's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 170
Join Date: Sep 2012
No! What should I do?
The problem is that when I press the headset button, nothing happens! You only hear a beep

But You work? Ex. With bluetooth launch?
 
ilrisolutore
Old
#4  
ilrisolutore's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 170
Join Date: Sep 2012
raduzione
I activated google and now the "bluetooth headsets" but will not start anything!
 
ilrisolutore
Old
#5  
ilrisolutore's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 170
Join Date: Sep 2012
Nothing?
 
turdbogls
Old
#6  
turdbogls's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 647
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
seems inconsistent to me.

with the screen on, I get the voice dialer thing (not google voice search, the old school voice dialer)

with screen off, i get nothing. I tried bluetooth launch from the play store and didn't get it working there either.

I also tried this on my Nexus 5 with very similar results....although, I was able to launch google voice search for the first couple times, then it just stopped working.

FWIW, using an LG Tone+ headset and searching for ideas as well.

would love voice search to pop up with the screen off.
Current Devices:
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto G (VZW)
 
ak538cn
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Hi,
I have a similar problem with my car bluetooth "talk to dial" button.
When I pair my G2, this button is disabled; when pairing other phones (Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus) the button is active and starts google now.

I think this is related with the HFP protocol. Any ideas on how to fix this?
 
ilrisolutore
Old
#8  
ilrisolutore's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 170
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
seems inconsistent to me.

with the screen on, I get the voice dialer thing (not google voice search, the old school voice dialer)

with screen off, i get nothing. I tried bluetooth launch from the play store and didn't get it working there either.

I also tried this on my Nexus 5 with very similar results....although, I was able to launch google voice search for the first couple times, then it just stopped working.

FWIW, using an LG Tone+ headset and searching for ideas as well.

would love voice search to pop up with the screen off.
Works on display on? What ROM do you have?

I turned on screen does not work, nothing happens!
 
turdbogls
Old
#9  
turdbogls's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 647
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilrisolutore View Post
Works on display on? What ROM do you have?

I turned on screen does not work, nothing happens!
CM11.

with display off, It triggers voice dialer.

with screen on, it triggers google voice search.

I'm trying to work with tasker to get this thing working...but I'm not a tasker power user by any means, so I dont have high hopes
Current Devices:
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto G (VZW)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more

Cell Phone SIM Unlock Bill Just Steps Away from President’s Desk

For all those who believe that Cinderella stories don’t actually … more

Get Your Cargo to its Destination in 4×4 Military Operations Reborn

Racing games have evolved quite a bit since the days of Pole … more