Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 52,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 bootloader doesnt boot up 4.1 nor 4.4.2 tw!!

Tip us?

mohammad.afaneh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 723
Default 4.3 bootloader doesnt boot up 4.1 nor 4.4.2 tw!!

Hello, I had figuared a trick to remove 4.3 ramdisk and replace it with 4.1 and 4.4 tw ramdisk by safestrap.
it work yes it realy work
but unluckly it doesnt boot vzw stock 4.1 nor sprint 4.4.2 stock tw its stuck at black screen.
If some dev intersted I will post the patch.
any suggestion and information are welcomed.
Samsung galaxy captivat stock cm11 powered by NeatKernel.
Samsung galaxy S3 SCH-I535 stock 4.4.2 rooted + safestrap v3.75.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
My work:
[KERNEL][4.1+] NeatKernel v1.09 [Dual recovery] captivate vibrant galaxys
[Stock 2.3.5][KK4] NeatRom Lite v1.0 Captivate[Arabic,Farsi support]

Thanks button doesn't bite

Mtsprite
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.afaneh View Post
Hello, I had figuared a trick to remove 4.3 ramdisk and replace it with 4.1 and 4.4 tw ramdisk by safestrap.
it work yes it realy work
but unluckly it doesnt boot vzw stock 4.1 nor sprint 4.4.2 stock tw its stuck at black screen.
If some dev intersted I will post the patch.
any suggestion and information are welcomed.
i believe that the ramdisk is one of the files that gets checked when the phone boots up on the 4.3 bootloader. Im not a dev, i just know alot, so feel free to correct me on this.
Phone: Galaxy S3
Android Version: 4.4.4
Recovery: Philz Touch CWM
Current ROM: CM 11.0 M8
Kernel: BMS
Baseband: ML1

mohammad.afaneh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtsprite View Post
i believe that the ramdisk is one of the files that gets checked when the phone boots up on the 4.3 bootloader. Im not a dev, i just know alot, so feel free to correct me on this.
Ramdisk in another word "initramfs", abbreviated from "initial*ram file system", is the successor of*initrd. It is a*cpioarchive of the initial*file system*that gets loaded into memory during the*Linux startup process. The*Linux kernel*mounts it as*root file system*and starts the*initprocess from it. This will complete certain tasks before the real root file system is loaded; thus, initramfs needs to contain all of the*device driversand tools needed to mount the real root filesystem.

Source wikipedia.

Every rom has its own initramfs so can loaded at device start.
As I had compiled kernels for galaxy s variant, I had used same kernel with different ramdisks to boot cm10, 10.1 , 10.2 and 11.
Check my signature.

Will uploud a patched safestrap apk so some body with unlocked bootloader can test if can dual boot 4.1 and 4.3 and maybe kitkat soon.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
My work:

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.afaneh View Post
Ramdisk in another word "initramfs", abbreviated from "initial*ram file system", is the successor of*initrd. It is a*cpioarchive of the initial*file system*that gets loaded into memory during the*Linux startup process. The*Linux kernel*mounts it as*root file system*and starts the*initprocess from it. This will complete certain tasks before the real root file system is loaded; thus, initramfs needs to contain all of the*device driversand tools needed to mount the real root filesystem.

Source wikipedia.

Every rom has its own initramfs so can loaded at device start.
As I had compiled kernels for galaxy s variant, I had used same kernel with different ramdisks to boot cm10, 10.1 , 10.2 and 11.
Check my signature.

Will uploud a patched safestrap apk so some body with unlocked bootloader can test if can dual boot 4.1 and 4.3 and maybe kitkat soon.
There are already a couple dual boot recoveries out for the unlocked people. Just make sure if you do modify and upload safestrap you get permission from the creator. Its kind of rude to modify and hand out other peoples work even if you give credit where credit is do unless you ask first.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions

mohammad.afaneh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
There are already a couple dual boot recoveries out for the unlocked people. Just make sure if you do modify and upload safestrap you get permission from the creator. Its kind of rude to modify and hand out other peoples work even if you give credit where credit is do unless you ask first.
I know there is a couple of dual boot recoveries for unlocked people.
In first order my goal is to make it work for people with locked bootloader like me.
Second, I wont upload safestrap without get permission from @Hashcode and make sure it fully safe and stable.

My work:

The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad.afaneh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]